real time web analytics
General - - ROC POST current values | ROC Posts | 28DaysLater.co.uk

General - ROC POST current values

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

mrg9999

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
What are current sensible values for an ROC post, in secure dry, refurbished condition?

10 years ago they went for silly money.

Is there a online reference of guide prices?

Speed

Got Epic?
Regular User
I dunno but i bet one in London is going to be worth more then one in the highlands.

mw0sec

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Quite a few went on first release for very little - one even for fifty quid. I put in a bid of a rather more reasonable sum for the one at Worth Matravers and cunningly volunteered as the key-holder to allow other prospective buyers to see it. I did not get it, although I knew no-one else had inspected it and (since no-one had called for the key), I was a bit surprised.
I later discovered that the mobile operators had bought up a lot of them, sight unseen, in case they found them handy later on.

FaZy_UK

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Quite a few went on first release for very little - one even for fifty quid. I put in a bid of a rather more reasonable sum for the one at Worth Matravers and cunningly volunteered as the key-holder to allow other prospective buyers to see it. I did not get it, although I knew no-one else had inspected it and (since no-one had called for the key), I was a bit surprised.
I later discovered that the mobile operators had bought up a lot of them, sight unseen, in case they found them handy later on.

I had also heard about telecom operators snapping up a few.

Makes sense, small amount of land that could accommodate a transmitter if needed.

Speed

Got Epic?
Regular User
We almost got arrested at a couple with masts in the grounds of them so they did make use of some!

Mr Sam

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
one in Kent has popped up again not sure if the 20k was with or without contents

mrg9999

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Seems it is public domain now. Penshurst. If I'm in Error, and not PD, then I'll delete the post.

Krypton

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It depends on loads of things. I seen one go for over 100k in the lake district.

pirate

Rum Swigger
28DL Full Member
location location location.........they are just concrete,the only thing that can alter price would be location

bobblehead

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
location location location.........they are just concrete,the only thing that can alter price would be location

Typical asking prices seem to be around £15 - £20k for good ones in OK locations and most of those were bought around 5-8 years ago for £6-£10k, so not a bad investment if you get the asking price.
Big problem is security - it's only an interesting concrete box (IMHO) if there are some remains of the original ROC useage. It only takes one idiot breaking in and torching it to make if a very uninteresting, dangerous and (very expensive) concrete box.