real time web analytics
Question - - Roc post in bacton | ROC Posts | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Roc post in bacton

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Dannymmoss

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hello everyone, my name is Daniel ,
I have recently become aware of the ROC posts around Suffolk. I have visited a few in the area and most of them are locked. Is there any way of finding out who has the keys ?
Also the one I visited in bacton looked to be in need of restoration, is there anyway of getting involved with this the correct way. I wouldn’t want to start doing anything with a ROC post without owners concent.
Look forward to reply’s,
Daniel

INTHEVAN EXPLORING yt

InTheVan Exploring
28DL Full Member
Hello everyone, my name is Daniel ,
I have recently become aware of the ROC posts around Suffolk. I have visited a few in the area and most of them are locked. Is there any way of finding out who has the keys ?
Also the one I visited in bacton looked to be in need of restoration, is there anyway of getting involved with this the correct way. I wouldn’t want to start doing anything with a ROC post without owners concent.
Look forward to reply’s,
Daniel

Hiya Dan, I have visited the Bacton ROC Post, it is on the edge of A farmers field, meaning you would have to ask around for who is that farmer, i'd ask him if he owned it and out of curiosity what he planned to do with it, then elaborate. Great idea by the way, just be wary that the Farmer may not want to. All the Best. :thumb

Tocsin15post

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I was on this post at Bacton as a (then) young ROC observer in 1991. I am now the Heritage Secretary for 4 Group ROC Association, and it was mentioned at our last meeting about possibly obtaining a post for restoration. Back in the day this post was a bit easier to get to as the farmer had to ensure a clear path to the post, but of course these days he has no such obligation which could make a restoration project tricky, plus trying to get the equipment is now a nightmare: an original GZI will set you back a good few quid! However on the plus side I did hear that the land owner may be persuaded to allow a restoration (admittedly that was some time ago), and the Bacton Football Club is over the road with a car park, so an agreement maybe obtainable.