real time web analytics
Question - - Rockshaw mersham mines | Mines and Quarries | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Rockshaw mersham mines

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

vegan420

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hey I've been scouting the area for entrances and we found this one can anyone give me any information please. Has anyone found the underground lake. My friend said he seen it 30 years ago as a kid exploring the mines, he said it has a lovely sandy looking beach.

IMG_2260.JPG
IMG_2252.JPG
IMG_2258.JPG

Last edited:

DaveFM

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I searched for some of the Surrey mine entrances when I lived in Kent, as far as I know, any accessible entrances will be gated and controlled by Wealden Cave and Mine Society (WCMS).

vegan420

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I can promise this is not any entrance the wmcs use as far as I'm aware they are all locked

DaveFM

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
probably one of the lesser workings in the area, the large mines like Chaldon quarries and Main Series at Godstone are gated but there were many other smaller mines I believe.

vegan420

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
If you read the wall it says it was re-opened in 2016 and another out of picture I think says re-opened 1988

R_yoda

Like a cat on a fence....
28DL Full Member
it's part of the smaller separated workings at bedlams. it was originally part of the network that ran under the m23. alot was filled when a digger collapsed through the surface! the main bedlams bank workings are further east. the entry points are gated and locked, do not attempt to open the locks yourself it is not worth the agro... (they will find you, and they will ruin your fun) contact wcms or Peter burgess who I am sure will be more than happy to let you have a tour and take some photos. the same goes for godstone main series but not until after the bat hibernation period!! all the local quarrys are awesome and deserve the highest level of respect. Surrey has ALOT to offer!

StonedExplorer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Who's Peter Burgess and how do I contact him these mines sound interesting would love a permission visit

StopAndSearch

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Who's Peter Burgess and how do I contact him these mines sound interesting would love a permission visit

It’s fairly easy, he has actually given you all the info you need. Peter at wcms is a great guy and very helpful. Please don’t explore these mines on your own, you will get lost. I’ve been a few times with the wcms guys and it is fantastic and the wealth of knowledge they bring is invaluable