real time web analytics
Question - - ROF Brigwater | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - ROF Brigwater

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Dempsey

The Human Turbine.
28DL Full Member
Did anyone do this?

Just came across it on a power gen map.

Closed in 2008, big old place, and from what I can find was flattened in 2012 with the use of explosives.

Hoping that the power station may still be there if its listed on power gen maps, or, its merely a sub station.

1706753_0_1.jpg

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
This is on my list to check. I have my doubts the power plant is still there tho. Another epic fail for exploring this one!

Dempsey

The Human Turbine.
28DL Full Member
Think @rigsby had a look at it a few times. It was used by police for a while after closure iirc

Yeah, pretty much all MoD sites are, noting to worry about. I've been to some pretty cool places doing cqb and room clearing drills, funny to think that once I'd be running around with a camera instead.

mw0sec

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I visited this place when operational, sometime in the 90's. They were still producing 'Blade', a plastic/copper cutting explosive. The boiler house was almost brand new - amazing how such places suddenly vanish. I wonder if there will be a rebirth of explosives manufacturers when it is discovered that our current cheap overseas suppliers have either dropped out or jacked up the price!

internalfire

28DL Member
28DL Member
Power House number 1 was empty two years ago apart from compressors. Power House 2 steam turbine was removed years ago and the standby generator, a Mirrlees ULA5, was removed and is now running at Internal Fire museum in Wales. Some electrical gear left last time I was there but I think that section has now been demolished.

Did over 30 trips/days to the site as BAE Systems gave us free access to remove equipment for the museum, absolute rabbit warren but no photos allowed sadly, cameras were taken at the gate.

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
Shame. Goes to show those two years ago it was all there to see. If only more people were out there looking for this stuff.