Web
Analytics
Lead or Rumour info - - Rolls Royce Controls Factory Birmingham (formerly Lucas) | Leads, Rumours and News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Lead or Rumour info - Rolls Royce Controls Factory Birmingham (formerly Lucas)

Joe.

28DL Regular User
Regular User
RR, Electroincs Factory formerly part of Lucas. Its supposedly due to be closing imminently due to a move of production to a new multi-millon pound purpose built building, Though I've heard conflicting reports about this move being delayed due to the new Factroy having a leaky roof!

Looks pretty good from streetview: https://goo.gl/maps/e1h7hQ3cbrJ2

Wants a regular check on it over the next few months.

Speed

Got Epic?
Staff member
Ive had my eye on their two factories for years. They never seem to actually close just keep changing names! 'Controls and Data Services' now apparently. Eaton Electric up the road was supposed to be going too but not heard much on that lately.

dweeb

Super Moderator
Staff member
I work just up the road and drive past at least once a week on my way to work related stuff... so I've got my beady eye on it. But as already said, still active at present.

Just up the road is the former MEM works which is due to close this year, epic deco factory.

The factory rubble you saw was Lucas batteries and Lucas / Denso. I work with many a bloke from that place!

covkid

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The basement of the SML site always fascinated me though I never got to go down there. there will still be tunnels there to
That ran between the two factories (one now demolished)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Leads, Rumours and News... 11