real time web analytics
Report - - rooftopping somewhere in greater London - January 2018 | High Stuff | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - rooftopping somewhere in greater London - January 2018

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

anonurbex

Call me William Blake
28DL Full Member
Riiight so after waiting it out a few months before making this report and for reasons that are a little complicated, I feel it's about the right time I share these beautiful views :)

So it's the story of three towers being built and that teased me for months, and months and months as I stared at them every morning on my way to work (oooh the cranes teased me too!) and so somehow and I won't say how, I was able to explore the tower I had in mind, the middle tower the one that was going to be the highest once finished.

Anyway...enjoy the pics. The top is no longer accessible (well I mean you know, everything is always accessible I guess ;) ) and I won't give the exact location which I know is really really not cool but I am doing it for the best reasons in the world so don't ask and sorry.
32842181_10214416351816672_6571379269451120640_n.jpg
32379534_10214416352096679_6859259481214156800_n.jpg
The view was always pretty nice from the bottom anyway...
32761393_10214416352856698_1539765317717196800_n.jpg
DSC_0370.JPG
On the way up
DSC_0371.JPG
Hallway
DSC_0376.JPG
Crane Poooorn!
DSC_0397.JPG
DSC_0379.JPG
DSC_0395.JPG
DSC_0412.JPG
Basement
DSC_0413.JPG

Needless to say I got to spend a good two hours to quench the thirst I had of that little tower :)

Hope you enjoy the pics as much as I have enjoyed the 'visit' :D

DSC_0378.JPG

Last edited:

pigeonboy

Be gentle
28DL Full Member
What settings do you do for taking pictures at the top? All my night photography comes out really badly

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
The whole point is though mate we name locations,if its a bit iffy ask admins to put it in non public but with a name

anonurbex

Call me William Blake
28DL Full Member
The whole point is though mate we name locations,if its a bit iffy ask admins to put it in non public but with a name
If they think it is an issue I am sure they will see to it to remove it and I believe at least one admin has seen and liked it so maybe their input is different to yours. There is the very odd occasion where even here one might not disclose location for reasons that they may not be willing to share.

anonurbex

Call me William Blake
28DL Full Member
What settings do you do for taking pictures at the top? All my night photography comes out really badly
So some pics at the top I did using wide aperture for long exposure and there were a couple using auto-mode more because I was running out of time :)

GG

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
To get a decent night shot you need a tripod. That lets you take a really long exposure (like 30 seconds). Which means you can turn the ISO back to something sensible like 400. And close the aperture a bit to make it sharper and more in focus (like 8). Then tweak these settings to get the correct exposure. You might even bracket the time (8, 15, 30 secs) and pick the best at home.

pigeonboy

Be gentle
28DL Full Member
Thanks for the replies, i use a tripod and i always keep the iso as low as i can to avoid noise, i set the f stop as high as it can go to get as much light as possible but my pictures end up like this :
B5E237B1-E748-429B-813E-4D7D6CEAA23E.jpeg
ABCDDB29-C26C-4DF0-B7A3-9CCBADA10989.jpeg
C563C53A-3E89-4BEB-8432-BC93440B8E59.jpeg
8B883CBB-A17E-47B2-8030-A1C7A7A40122.jpeg

I know its nothing horrendous but i just wanted to get them a bit sharper and clearer, might have to use a smaller f stop next time as you suggested @Garou Garou

anonurbex

Call me William Blake
28DL Full Member
To get a decent night shot you need a tripod. That lets you take a really long exposure (like 30 seconds). Which means you can turn the ISO back to something sensible like 400. And close the aperture a bit to make it sharper and more in focus (like 8). Then tweak these settings to get the correct exposure. You might even bracket the time (8, 15, 30 secs) and pick the best at home.
Ah yes I forgot to say: so I had a tripod, was working with 400 iso and exposure time was about 30s if nktca bit less because if city lights...

obscurity

Flaxenation of the G!!!
Regular User
If they think it is an issue I am sure they will see to it to remove it and I believe at least one admin has seen and liked it so maybe their input is different to yours. There is the very odd occasion where even here one might not disclose location for reasons that they may not be willing to share.

It really isn't a matter of difference of opinions or inputs. Its the forum rules set out by the Admin. @Ojay have the rules changed now then as the I/P has mentioned you liking his post without pointing out the usual rules of naming places??!

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
TBF I didn't pay attention to the thread title, If you could amend it or have it moved either way get in touch as the thread does indeed require a proper title.