real time web analytics
Ropey shit | General Exploring Chat Forum | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Ropey shit

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

ViralEye

Drain Ninja
28DL Full Member
Top shares!!

I was speaking to a rep the other day from Spanset and we got talking about the stop and apparently petzl no longer recommend using the breaking crab this way and instead now recommend the braking crab is hooked in the same crab that the stop is hooked onto.... If that makes sense

The Kwan

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Top shares!!

I was speaking to a rep the other day from Spanset and we got talking about the stop and apparently petzl no longer recommend using the breaking crab this way and instead now recommend the braking crab is hooked in the same crab that the stop is hooked onto.... If that makes sense

Stu, if you mean in the video that I posted , it was made in 1994 so nothing would surprise me TBH its auld as dose hills :)

ViralEye

Drain Ninja
28DL Full Member
I think it is implying that if the braking crab is NOT on the same crab or mallion as the stop but on a loop along side it, then it may actually loop over the end of the stop and your donald ducked then.
image.jpg

Yep that's the one kwan!

Screw Loose

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
What a class write up - was considering learning rope techniques but think I've been put off for now haha! Not to mention I'm scared of heights (probably not a good start!)