real time web analytics
Report - - Rossendale Hospital, Rossendale, October 2013 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Rossendale Hospital, Rossendale, October 2013

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

ZerO81

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Rossendale Hospital

History

The old hospital began life, in part as Haslingden Workhouse, in the late 1860s and an infirmary was only established on site in 1912. This was known as Moorlands Infirmary before the name change to Rossendale General Hospital after the Second World War. It finally closed its door in 2010.

The hospital has now been demolished and a new housing estate is quickly replacing it.

The Visit

This hospital has been on my list for quite some time, for one reason and another it never seemed to happen as other things always took preference, it was one of those places that had always been around since I got into exploring and a place I thought would always been there. Towards the end of the summer 2013 news hit that demolision plans had been approved and everything was to be torn down imminantly.

Fast forward another month or so and a quality report by Scott was added to 28dl, this was the final push I needed, so I contacted Scott and arranged to meet up that weekend, things had changed quite a lot even since his visit a week or so before. Things almost got off to the worse start possible as we headed over the Somme that was the former car park out front Mr Security walked round the corner, how he failed to see us I still don't know, but he didn't and we were in.

We bumped into many other groups of people that day, a day that security seemed to be catching people for fun by all accounts!

No externals on this one as we rode our look a little too much and finally ran into Mr Security Chap as we were heading round the front for the final shot...oh well, it was easier than climbing back out of the site again.

Apologies for another late report, what can I say, I have just become far too lazy to edit photos in good time for some reason these days.

[1] & [2]
IMG_20849.jpg
IMG_20855.jpg

[3]
IMG_20858.jpg

[4] & [5]
IMG_20817.jpg
IMG_20829.jpg

[6]
IMG_20830.jpg

[7]
IMG_20833.jpg

[8]
IMG_20840.jpg

[9] & [10]
IMG_20898.jpg
IMG_20899.jpg

[11]
IMG_20908.jpg

[12]
IMG_20935.jpg

[13] & [14]
IMG_20938.jpg
IMG_20951.jpg

[15]
IMG_20997.jpg

Visited with FocusOnScott

Full Gallery HERE

Camera Shy

Old enough to know better
Regular User
You've sat on this far too long, well worth the wait though mate, its excellent.

WhoDaresWins

Let's do this
Regular User
Wow what an incredible looking hospital. Loving the details, the peel paint and the great condition it was in. Top photos.

Pinkman

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Good stuff, it's nice to see that there are plenty of interesting bits left

krissigalores

Poison Ivy
28DL Full Member
Finally something that doesn't seem to have been trashed beyond recognition.. give it time I guess. Anyway, you did a great job of capturing the details.

ZerO81

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thanks for the comments guys :thumb

Shame that they just got rid of the whole lot as the old workhouse building was really a thing of beauty!

Ferox

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Great pics Zero:thumb Visited this place last December, unfortunately the morgue/viewing room had been demolished by then. You could just see the fridges among the rubble.