Web
Analytics
Lead or Rumour info - - Rossendale Hospital | Leads, Rumours and News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Lead or Rumour info - Rossendale Hospital

AuntieKnickers

inquisitive historian
Regular User

Ordnance

Housing giant Taylor Wimpey was planning a £20million development to tear down the former workhouse and construct 170 new homes in the hospital’s grounds. However, its structural engineers discovered the building is affected by ‘serious water damage’ to later modifications and preserving the building would result in the project running at a £3.5 million loss.

Contradiction or what? Plan was to pull it down from the start. This failed arson attack just gives them an excuse.

The Guard Dog

Will only bite a little bit... well a lot
28DL Full Member
I hate bloody housing firms that try and pull these places down, we can't directly accuse them of starting the fire but surely they had something to with it. This could be another curious case of a building spontaneously catching fire.

MrSprat

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It can't be that water damaged if the power is still on.........

f9ddf260-a590-42ba-9733-20d1ef9b8440_zpsf8f28dbb.jpg

Utter load of balls to take down a building like that and put up a little lego village!

Attachments

The Kwan

Easily Led
Regular User
It can't be that water damaged if the power is still on.........

f9ddf260-a590-42ba-9733-20d1ef9b8440_zpsf8f28dbb.jpg

Utter load of balls to take down a building like that and put up a little lego village!
a place that size could easily have serious water damage and still have power on mate.

Attachments

MrSprat

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
a place that size could easily have serious water damage and still have power on mate.
Well aware of that, I'm a surveyor by trade so I deal with this stuff day in day out. The only main area of disrepair on this site is the 70's steel frame extension. Which tbh is only approx 15-20% of the site. And surprisingly the part they tried to set on fire.

I've spent close on a full day within this site, yes there are leaks in areas, but nothing new guttering/roof work/windows can't resolve. And certainly nothing that drastic to warrant taking the place down. The structure of the building is sound - it's just not a money maker for Mr Wimpey as it stands.

MrWimpey will no doubt be looking at this site through his money glasses. As mentioned before, leaving the site as it is, is not an option for him or his bankers. It'll be far 'easier' and 'profitable' for them to rip it down, sell off the stone and build shiney new houses - rather than keep what they have got, fix whats required and adapt for appartments/houses.

Shame really - it's one of the better looking buildings in the area. No doubt it wont be long till work begins...

Derphouse

"fella"
28DL Full Member
APPARENTLY

the powered up bit is fully sealed now......... APPARENTLY
And the works house APPARENTLY I keep saying apparently because the person who divulged the info sometimes exaggerates

The workhouse building i could easily see being severely water damaged, I actually couldn't believe the state I the place extent of damp and mould growth in there for how long it's been closed
Especially compared to say Mansfield general

The Stig

Urbex = Nosey Bastard
Regular User
Ive got a fair few to visit, at this rate i be way too late :( Going to have to get my finger out quickly