real time web analytics
Report - - Rosslynlee hospital, Edinburgh, Jan 2011 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Rosslynlee hospital, Edinburgh, Jan 2011

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

fatty-arbuckle

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Absolute fastball this one. Was in Scotland with work and had a day to kill. A little bit of 28 days later search engine brought this up (thanks BC)

Only problem was, because I had come over with work I had only brought my camera with a 18-200 lens. No sig10-20, no tripod and no torch's. This meant hand held, high iso - which the D3100 does ALOT better than my old D60.

This is an untouched place with lots of old medical equipment lying around, but unfortunately I couldn't get round the whole place. It is very big and disjointed.

Visited alone.

Known originally as the Midlothian and Peebles District Asylum, it opened in 1874 to serve the landward parishes of Edinburgh and Midlothian. It became known as Rosslynlee because of its proximity to the local railway station. In 1948 it became part of the Board of Management of the Royal Edinburgh Asylum and Associated Hospitals under the South Eastern Hospital Board. Now closed and for sale.

_DSC0133.jpg

_DSC0132.jpg

_DSC0130.jpg

_DSC0131.jpg

_DSC0101.jpg

_DSC0123.jpg

_DSC0122.jpg

_DSC0125.jpg