Web
Analytics
Lead or Rumour info - - Rotherham centre tunnels?? | Leads, Rumours and News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Lead or Rumour info - Rotherham centre tunnels??

Chippa

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi I saw a thread a couple month back asking about these tunnels I'm still interested in finding these any idea what happend to said thread? Anybody found out anymore info on these tunnels

a bloke I work with is a regular In Snafu he gets on with the owner really well I asked him to ask about these tunnels the reply he got was something like yeah there's something there but won't give access oh and he said I should get a better hobby haha :(

So I guess that's a pretty good lead

mrtom

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
never heard of these tunnels and google hasn't either, only 20min ride from me so may check it out one day, i do know that RCAT has one abandoned building, unsure how its secured but i do know that it is for sale, but due to the building permissions it has to be used as an education institution of some form, so will be for sale for a while, will be doing some recce work when i start my course next term

Chippa

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Looks like me and a friend are going to go snooping around tonight while police are busy with drinks haha

dener

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
HOW Have i missed this type of site ? Arghh
there's all ways been rumors of Tunnels that were around the chapel on the bridge / Eng Cival War ?

Chippa

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I often drive past the chapel and at the side there a gate that goes down to the river I wonder what's down there

Rothers

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi I saw a thread a couple month back asking about these tunnels I'm still interested in finding these any idea what happend to said thread? Anybody found out anymore info on these tunnels

a bloke I work with is a regular In Snafu he gets on with the owner really well I asked him to ask about these tunnels the reply he got was something like yeah there's something there but won't give access oh and he said I should get a better hobby haha :(

So I guess that's a pretty good lead
It's not tunnels, it's a network of cellars. Loads of the bloody things as I recall. We got in them back in the early 90's but we weren't well equipped at all as we weren't urbexing back then. We went through a few of them using nothing but my trusty Zippo to shine the way but we soon turned back as they were all pretty much identical and we were worried about getting lost. They're bricked up now so you'd need a sledge hammer to break through the wall. I thinks that's what had happened when we were there because we walked through a hole that had been smashed through.

Rothers

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It gets too god dam repetive secret tunnel this and that like goddam if you want to mention them prove they are real find an entrance it's boring shit.
Oh so that's what he meant is it. Just for clarity, the tunnels that everyone keeps talking about are the arches that look like railway tunnels in the car park opposite forge island in Rotherham., That's why they keep getting referred to as "Tunnels". There are no "Real" tunnels under Rotherham town centre, it's solid rock. The tunnels are actually a series of chambers and rooms and were part of the old slaughterhouse. Why post a request for lead information and then take the piss when some one gives it to you? Fucking idiots.