real time web analytics
Rothwell FC - May 2015 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Rothwell FC - May 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

SeP

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
webt here today, thought it was going to be harder to get in than it was but it was so simple!
I originally went through a field and noticed a part of the fence almost squashed together and almost crawling, went through coming out on to the pitch!
It's been unused for about 5 years and was set alight about 3 years ago, wasn't the most exciting place to get into but for the first place I found on my doorstop it would be silly not to take advantage!

Mr Beady

Beards
28DL Full Member
Any pictures ? It's how things are done round here. Just have a look at any report for a example.

SeP

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 221

Miss Mayhem

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Good effort :thumb
Just maybe add in to the title the location and date
Visited, also any history?

Reactions: SeP

Yorrick

A fellow of infinite jest
28DL Full Member
Not the most exciting as you say, but a good start. Maybe add a bit of history of the club?

Look forward to seeing more from you.

SeP

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Will add some history asap, I am hoping to be able to climb the 'tower' but two things stop me, the school by the side and also I'm scared of heights!!! Lol

SeP

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Not the most exciting as you say, but a good start. Maybe add a bit of history of the club?

Look forward to seeing more from you.
Thank you I've had my eye on a old farm house for a few years now, it's just a small house but at the moment construction vehicles are there with a lot of security but I will not be deterred!!

SeP

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
As promised some history on the club ;)
Rothwell FC was formed as Rothwell town swifts in 1895 the nickname the Bones derived from the bone crypt in the towns holy trinity church, one of only three in the country.
Although financial difficulties led to the club switching between junior and senior football on several occasions .
In 1933 the club dropped down to kettering league which they won in 1937, in 1948 they returned to senior football.
They finally claimed the league title in 1992-93 a feat which repeated the following year. For their second title win the club stepped up to the southern league.in 1997 rothwell FC finished second in the midland division and promoted to the premier division where they spent three seasons. In 2008 they got a new manager 2009-10 rothwell struggled both on and off the pitch, the team dropped to the bottom four in the league and the financial crisis kicked in with the clubs main stream of revenue - the social club becoming unavailable for public use.
The club folded 2011-12. 24th July 2013 the club was set alight fire fighters reached it at 8pm but the fire was not put out till after 10pm.
Apparently flames reached about 50ft and smoke was seen about 7-10 miles away!!

D

Deleted member 77241

Good report, dont think anyone has posted it before & that's good!
Just down the road too in Burton ;-)