real time web analytics
Report - - Round hay park , Leeds . August , 2021 | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Round hay park , Leeds . August , 2021

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

jezzyboo

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Been done before on here before but with a dog to walk and wanting to do something as well i thought i would have a walk around somewhere different and have a nosy , Had brought my bag but had arrived late morning having walked around the park it was more of a reccy come full explore if you get my drift , there is a large man made lake ( waterloo Lake ) and this is the overflow or spillway from this . Had originally wanted to gain access at the weir but come dinnertime on a sunday with a park run on this would have attracted to much attention so it was over the road over the wall and down the bank to the outflow , there are really two outflows the new concrete construction ( the one that is used now ) and the original brick and stone which has just a trickle of water flowing through it and its the old tunnel that we will start with

bends around to the left here

was a bit longer than i was expecting an overflow to be !

think this was the original infall ? two options here first one on the left a dead end

looking back from the stone wall

start of the rcp section

bit deeper than it looked this first section and quite silty on the bottom

looking back downstream then forward

after a short walk i reached the end

a concrete block with cheese holes in it allowed water to seep through on the way out i snapped water bubbling up through the concrete pipe there were a couple of these that contributed to the steady trickle of water

making my way back out now

start of the new concrete section

inside and looking to outfall

bit stoopy but clean then outside looking towards the park

the weir just ahead under the bridge was very busy so diddnt want to push my luck about turn and back out the way i came in

back down to the twin concrete boxes exited the opposite one to which i came up but they were really the same , well that was it a nice little wander on a summers day the explore was longer than i was expecting on maps it does not look much but its well worth checking out cheers for watching :thumb

jezzyboo

28DL Regular User
Regular User
lol thanks Jane she stopped in the car after here walk :D lol tallginge now that would be true wallace and gromit ! once took her through spinkhill tunnel and she was fine with that but shes getting older now :cool:

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
lol thanks Jane she stopped in the car after here walk :D lol tallginge now that would be true wallace and gromit ! once took her through spinkhill tunnel and she was fine with that but shes getting older now :cool:
Well it would of been novel, just wondered if she had a head torch too lol. Glad she didnt get her paddy paws wet though :thumb

Who has read this thread (Total: 258) View details