Web
Analytics
Report - - Rowley Green House, Barnet August 2019 | Residential Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Rowley Green House, Barnet August 2019

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Thought I'd put this one up as @CookieRaider has done the same. I visited a couple of weeks after him.

The house would appear to be early 20th Century built in a mock tudor style, it's a strange place as it looks as if it was kind of half cleared out after the last resident passed away but then was left with a load of stuff still in it. The family who lived here were heavily into world travel, they did annual rallies to Africa and owned at least one large yacht, as well as an Allard P1 which is an exceptionally rare, valuable car. The house was put up for sale in April and subsequently sold, but to who I don't know - the house is suffering from some severe subsidence at one end so the likely plan is demolition and a new build put in place.

The house was sealed up a matter of hours after I visited, and the alarms reactivated - I found a callout sheet from a security firm left inside who were called out with the keyholders and the police to come see what was going on, dated two days before my own visit which was a little unnerving.

As far as houses go it is definitely the best one I have shot all year, and up there in my favourite overall residential properties.

Thanks for looking :)​

Pammyj

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Still amazes me that all this stuff just gets left in these places. And what’s the point in alarming a place if they’re gonna have to knock it down anyway! Great pics.

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Still amazes me that all this stuff just gets left in these places. And what’s the point in alarming a place if they’re gonna have to knock it down anyway! Great pics.
Perhaps squatters, all the utilities are still connected in here. Would be an ideal place for a homeless person to hide out.

Bikin Glynn

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
U failed to mention the most interesting fact who the prev owners were, but not sure if u done that intentionally so I wont say unless you want me to!

Ferox

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Looks a classic this mate, very good. Enjoyed seeing this :thumb
Good to hear its being secured and kept an eye on though. In the current climate it would be ransacked and covered in shit graffiti
in no time if it was a free for all.

kvtie9

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hey when did you go here? I went Monday about 4pm and it was all boarded up and didn’t want to break. Has the boards been taken down now?

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Hey when did you go here? I went Monday about 4pm and it was all boarded up and didn’t want to break. Has the boards been taken down now?
It was the beginning of the month. It was sealed the day after I went according to friends of mine who tried it the day after.

westernsultan

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It's very definitely sold, the large estate agent sold sign outside is evidence enough - they probably haven't finalised everything yet.
Their website would normally put "sold subject to contract" but perhaps they are a bit slow at the moment - summer holidays etc