The Royal Alexandra Infirmary has existed in some shape or form since the 1700s. It originally provided out-patient and pharmacy services and later became a full infirmary around 1850. In 1900 the site of the infirmary was moved and a new building was erected, which is what remains today. In 1986 a new hospital, the Royal Alexandra Hospital, was built close by resulting in the closure of the infirmary. Part of the building remained in use as a nursing home until that closed around 2008. Part of the building has now been refurbished into flats while the other half lays abandoned.
Likes: grace1998, lewisr and urblex