real time web analytics
Question - - Royal Haslar Hospital | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Royal Haslar Hospital

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

shady

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi all,
Been wanting to have a mooch around the Royal Haslar for many years now; it's been kind of a dream explore for me for a long time. I'm aware that the site is now being redeveloped but I wanted know if it's worth the visit. Before the obligatory 'go see for yourself' replies are sent, I do live over 200 miles away, so it's really not worth the trek if it's been gutted or completely locked up. Some insight would be appreciated.

amfalconer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It's been a while since I went, but think secca are generally fairly on the ball, like you said though, the site is being developed in parts, so not sure what's accessible or worth seeing.

If you're thinking of coming all that way, scope out a couple of backup or alternative sites just in case Haslar ends up being a waste of time.

Brewtal

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I can assure you from a recent attempt that secca are most definitely on it since development work started again. 2 guards on shift all the time and infrared cameras installed everywhere. Me and my mate went at 4am and it took them 15 bloody seconds to nab us. Not saying it’s not doable, but it’s worth knowing that it’s a lot harder now! ; )

shady

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Not surprised that they have got on top of it now. Think I missed my opportunity to have a proper explore of this place years ago. Shame really because it looked like such a good spot. Don't really fancy a game of cat and mouse with secca when they have infrared cameras haha

amfalconer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Depends on what you're into, Haslar was a good size, but I personally preferred Fort Gilkicker down the road, (also under development)

I was a bit late to Haslar also, so probably missed the best of it

obscureserenity

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hate to say it but it's not worth it now, especially if you live 200 miles away, the whole place has been gutted sadly. If I'm right in saying the only part they can't demolish is the water tower because of it's listing. It's a shame, was really nice, especially the padded cells :(

Kev_midlands_26

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The padded cell is still worth seeing ;)

20180609_165750.jpg

MrLucasRangel

28DL Member
28DL Member
I can assure you from a recent attempt that secca are most definitely on it since development work started again. 2 guards on shift all the time and infrared cameras installed everywhere. Me and my mate went at 4am and it took them 15 bloody seconds to nab us. Not saying it’s not doable, but it’s worth knowing that it’s a lot harder now! ; )
There is blinds spots but they called the police both times that were in there third time lucky soon!

bomber29

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Haslar hospital was, in fact, the Royal Navy hospitalHaslar, seeing to the needs of Military personnel, their families and local ex-service and civilian people. Very popular with local residents, very big outcry when the labour government closed it, it saved the NHS vast amount of work, but the Government knew best close it. This hospital was then taken over by the NHS, Sadly this site was sold due to cost saving, I worked there in the 1960s, on attachment from the RAF, very busy hospital, only problem, if you needed to get into Portsmouth, you had to get the ferry.

Who has read this thread (Total: 161) View details