real time web analytics
Report - - Royal Hospital Haslar - Febuary 2016 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Royal Hospital Haslar - Febuary 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

b3n

onehundredandthirtythree
Regular User
Royal Hospital Haslar - Built in 1746 to serve the medical needs of the Navy Haslar was the largest brick building in England. It is surrounded by huge brick walls and fenced one one side by the Solent, and the other by Gosport Creek.. Not to keep out intruders but to keep the Naval patients in.

The hospital closed its doors in 2009 and since then has largely remained untouched.

The day of our explore started with a 4:30am wake up to catch an early ferry then crawling under the security fence before first light. Trying doors and windows around the building we found a way in - sneaking through the corridors and wards, crouching in store cupboards at the footsteps and voices of security guards we made our way around the 63 acre estate.. This was not an easy explore.. But the rewards were huge! Mothballed X-Ray and MRI equipment, floors upon floors of decaying hospital equipment and stacks of ancient hospital records, then the amazing views glimpsed from windows and rooftops!.. I have so many pictures but here are a few that sum up our morning visit..

25.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

26.jpg

1.jpg

UrbexCamo

"Just having a look officer"
Banned
You didn't make it into the padded cell then? Or see the organs in jars in the basement? We were there on the weekend too, got gripped by security who called the old bill :s

b3n

onehundredandthirtythree
Regular User
You didn't make it into the padded cell then? Or see the organs in jars in the basement? We were there on the weekend too, got gripped by security who called the old bill :s

Ahh no, i hadn't looked at many pictures before going and turns out we missed quite a lot! A revisit is on the cards! Sorry to hear you got busted, we had a few very close calls.. sat in a small room near the crt scanner having a smoke and security walked right past the door searching for us :/ Luckily they were smoking too otherwise we'd have been done!

Headed to Fort Gillkicker after about 5 hours in Haslar its got a nice shell lift going on, worth a look!

BrainL

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice report mate!! Well done on getting around undetected.. we drove 250 miles only to get caught the minute we arrived at the fences, I never seem to have any luck with hospitals :(

UrbexCamo

"Just having a look officer"
Banned
Nice report mate!! Well done on getting around undetected.. we drove 250 miles only to get caught the minute we arrived at the fences, I never seem to have any luck with hospitals :(

That is right ball ache man! :(

b3n

onehundredandthirtythree
Regular User

Ahh that sucks! Think we were just lucky as we went the exact same way as you.. Such an epic place!

Bolts

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice stuff! In pretty nice condition too, you can tell security do their job well...