real time web analytics
Report - - Royal Hospital Haslar, Portsmouth - August 2021 | Asylums and Hospitals | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Royal Hospital Haslar, Portsmouth - August 2021

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Wastelandr

Goes where the Buddleia grows
Regular User
Great shots there! I find shooting RAW really shines for being able to brighten dark photos an awful lot more, you can pretty much save pics taken freehand in darker places that way. Daylight outdoor pics I will keep the JPEGs but anything indoor or at night I'll play with the RAW files loads

D

Dragon_Urbex

Always like to see here. Well done on persistence. Always great to finally crack a place. The scanners are definitely highlights along with the staircase. Cool set
Thanks, Jane. The feeling of immense satisfaction when I got in was brilliant. My 6th and definitely best hospital explore!

D

Dragon_Urbex

Great shots there! I find shooting RAW really shines for being able to brighten dark photos an awful lot more, you can pretty much save pics taken freehand in darker places that way. Daylight outdoor pics I will keep the JPEGs but anything indoor or at night I'll play with the RAW files loads
Cheers! I see what you mean about RAW in darkness, yeah. Though with my camera being pretty old (Nikon D80), it does sometimes come out a bit grainy. Been experimenting with some night shots around my area a bit which is rather fun. I'm planning to go to a derelict house I explored again (after about 3 years of last exploring it) the literal DAY before I switched to RAW as I really want the best possible photos from it.

D

Dragon_Urbex

As tumbles mentioned, decayed nicely, been a while since ive seen anything from here!
It has. It has the lovely old damp plaster and soggy concrete smell if that makes sense. In a way, kind of reminds me of my childhood as my early years were spent in rural France where I was always popping in and out of some lovely derelict houses. Hamlet I lived in had about 12 houses and only three were lived in...!!!

D

Dragon_Urbex

Didn't realise there was anything left here. Looks better with age.
I was honesly expecting it to be totally stripped bare for the conversion but I was really suprised and glad to see stuff still inside it. They have begun converting the main hospital now and about 1/4 has been converted out of the whole lot, with a bit more (totalling to 1/3 (along with the converted parts) of the whole structure) stripped out for conversion.

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
It has. It has the lovely old damp plaster and soggy concrete smell if that makes sense. In a way, kind of reminds me of my childhood as my early years were spent in rural France where I was always popping in and out of some lovely derelict houses. Hamlet I lived in had about 12 houses and only three were lived in...!!!
There was some decay when we got in, but not on this scale, i think it adds to the place, wonder if Stan is still employed to secure the site, he was a character and a half

D

Dragon_Urbex

Well worth the effort & patience & persistence
Definitely! Just like a power station I did up north. Tried it in June 2020 and failed at the access because secca were patrolling, but tried in April this year and succeeded after immense amounts of research and planning. It never gets old, that feeling.

Jl.urbex

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Some really cool old features to that, the curves on the ceiling and the oval staircase.

Some really good pics too.
Nice explore there

D

Dragon_Urbex

Do you know if the psychiatric building/padded cell is still there?
Yep, still there but in a building that's now got people living in every flat. The building it's in has been converted and I believe the cell is sealed away behind a glass screen.

Who has read this thread (Total: 568) View details