real time web analytics
Report - - Royal Insurance Building - Liverpool - New photos - 02/04/08 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Royal Insurance Building - Liverpool - New photos - 02/04/08

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

C

chodjinn

This was my first visit to this amazing building. Visited with Snappel, Northcave and a friend who's new to exploring. I won't bore you with the details of the building as its been done loads of times before.

I will tell, however, of a mad panic as myself and northcave got to the top of the flagpole, only to here an alarm going off as soon as we popped our heads out. We thought it was the Royal, so legged it right the way out, which if you know the building is no mean feat, especially for a large-shouldered fella such as myself! Turns out it was the building opposite, so we went back in (lol!), found Snappel et al on the roof/tower, and then ventured into the basement/air raid shelter, which was the best bit!

Last photo shows us playing football in the main hall . . . probably not the ebst idea but still fun! Enjoy! (Camera: Canon IXUS 75)

IMG_2452.jpg

IMG_2453.jpg

IMG_2460.jpg

IMG_2470.jpg

IMG_2466.jpg

IMG_2475.jpg

IMG_2472.jpg

IMG_2493.jpg

IMG_2490.jpg

IMG_2494.jpg

IMG_2495.jpg

Boiler Room in the basement;
IMG_2499.jpg

Escape hatches;
IMG_2497.jpg

IMG_2498.jpg

Escape tunnel which goes all the way round the building; pavement and footsteps directly above!
IMG_2505.jpg

Quick game of footy before home for tea and biccies!
IMG_2508.jpg

cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

Who has read this thread (Total: 4) View details