real time web analytics
Report - - Royal London Chest Hospital (July 2015) | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Royal London Chest Hospital (July 2015)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

camoe

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The Explore
You have seen it before, You will see it again.. this place is a beautiful example of an un-touched NHS building, usually it doesn't take too long for d*ckheads to move in and start stealing copper and throwing up there 'tags' its Rare to find a site early doors!

Its a tough kiddy to crack with Security on site, in fact, housed in the building - this is a funny story in its self we explored some of first floor decided to take the set of stairs up, and heard a TV blaring away, WTF? looked around the corner and he had a little room with the doors wide open! yep time to vacate i think!

Planning to go back in the next few weeks, was such a good explore and would love to see the rest before it gets messed up!

The History (Wikipedia)
The London Chest Hospital, located in Bethnal Green in London, adjacent to Victoria Park, was a hospital run by the Barts Health NHS Trust. It closed in April 2015 as part of the creation of the Barts Heart Centre at St Bartholomew's Hospital, which involved the consolidation of services from the London Chest Hospital and UCLH's The Heart Hospital. It had a national reputation for cardiac treatment.​

The Images

DSCF0825.jpg
DSCF0794.jpg
DSCF0805.jpg
DSCF0812.jpg
DSCF0831.jpg
DSCF0835.jpg
DSCF0837.jpg
DSCF0842.jpg
DSCF0855.jpg
DSCF0861.jpg
DSCF0864.jpg
DSCF0866.jpg
DSCF0868.jpg
DSCF0876.jpg
DSCF0886.jpg
DSCF0890.jpg
DSCF0892.jpg

Mr Lukey

28DL Member
28DL Member
I worked there for 8 years - 3rd floor (attic) in respiratory medicine until November 2013. I understand they have now got dogs on the site so be careful if you fancy a crack at it. Combination for the 3rd floor doors, if you can find them, used to be 678XY or YZ - probably not changed and some very interesting stuff up there - most notably the Octagon (meeting) Room. If you're looking for the morgue it's behind the restaurant store room. Thanks for the memories.

Last edited: