real time web analytics
Information - - Royal Marines Deep Refuge - 4th July 2017 | Underground Sites | Page 4 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Information - Royal Marines Deep Refuge - 4th July 2017

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

urbexinmedway

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I went past this morning and there was about 5 blokes in overalls and masks by this container. There was an asbestos survey / removal company van there so I guess that's what they're doing.

Jorwal

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I went past this morning and there was about 5 blokes in overalls and masks by this container. There was an asbestos survey / removal company van there so I guess that's what they're doing.
They're surveying the tunnels for structural integrity because of the houses being built on the (former) barracks currently being demolished - no doubt it'll be re-welded when they're done

Manhole-welder

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
You could always ask the Amerhurst lot if you could borrow one of them 1920s gas masks they are fond of so much !!

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
paper masks ?never needed to wear one down there and if rumour has it its proper sealed

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
mate ,this place is far safer asbestos wise than dozens of other locations we have been in,best thing to do if you are that worried isnt bother going into them unles you have a full suit correct mask,do not disturb anything and crunch about in the stuff ...this place may have asbestos but its all pretty intact

Manhole-welder

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Arr an expert in asbestos and related diseases are you, it only takes a fibre,
Mesothelioma/ silicosis,
Shall I go on

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
Arr an expert in asbestos and related diseases are you, it only takes a fibre,
Mesothelioma/ silicosis,
Shall I go on

No im not but i know a man who is,if i am seriously concerned about the state of a place i wouldn't go in it,the local deep shelters in dover like langdon hole are covered in the shite all over the floor,i dont intend to eat it or kick it about,i also take bigger risks on a daily basis and have managed to survive life this far without the need for a white suit every time i enter a tunnel,you do things your way and i'll crack on with mine,and when im in a serious health condition due to asbestos im sure to remember your words of wisdom

Manhole-welder

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Stuff gets stuck to your clothing especially when you’re walking through a tunnel,
So no it’s not yourself you’re putting at risk it’s your family as well.

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
If this is how you go about your daily life then you may as well not bother exploring full stop,and i can imagine 90% of the places we visit have some form of asbestos in,and so far as i know these are grown adults who also choose not to carry around various kit for every explore they go in,bet your a right laugh down the pub!!

Rainey

Hilariously under-equipped since 1999.
28DL Full Member
I do wonder if there's any further sealing that's been done past the entrance hatch.

Manhole-welder

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
My company are involved with the site and there was talk of removing the steps altogether or filling it up with concrete for a nice base for the new housing to sit on