real time web analytics
Information - - Royal Marines Deep Refuge - 4th July 2017 | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Information - Royal Marines Deep Refuge - 4th July 2017

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

urbexinmedway

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Last night / this morning, myself and a friend went along and tried to get in. We knew the entrance location and waited for the area to quieten down.

Once it had, we tried to gain entry and the entrance has been welded shut on the edges on certain points. We tried and tried and tried but simply couldn't get in. We spoke to another person who has made several trips down there and he said he knew someone who got in the night before (night of the 02/07 / early hours of the 03/07).

We had literally missed it by hours. We couldn't get in but if anyone else can figure a way to get round please let me know, cheers!

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
Plenty of other stuff to be looking at mate,its been doable and sealed and then doable for the last 3 years,a bit of weld isn't the end of the world..

obscurity

Flaxenation of the G!!!
Regular User
there is another entrance but I don't see anyone successfully accessing it that way without being caught. As @Wevsky said, there is lots in the area still to be done. Go do some research and bring something new to the table as others did when dock road was first posted or any of the other Medway sites you will see posted on the forum. Dock road has had its day. And the local council and highways agency are well aware of people going in there so they keep a close eye on it these days. Id imagine any attempt to get through those welds would be rumbled fairly quickly given its location and publicity. :thumb

urbexinmedway

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
there is another entrance but I don't see anyone successfully accessing it that way without being caught. As @Wevsky said, there is lots in the area still to be done. Go do some research and bring something new to the table as others did when dock road was first posted or any of the other Medway sites you will see posted on the forum. Dock road has had its day. And the local council and highways agency are well aware of people going in there so they keep a close eye on it these days. Id imagine any attempt to get through those welds would be rumbled fairly quickly given its location and publicity. :thumb
Yep, have done a tonne of others and have got several lined up

Jorwal

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Count yourself lucky, there's no way they would've checked if anyone was down there, you could've gotten welded in!

Jorwal

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
You will find you can make a call from below a lid if you stand right below it on the ladder. Its rare that you can't get any signal at all...tried and tested at various locations.
The first time I went into the RM deep refuge, 2 of us tried phoning our outside person to let us out but we couldn't get any signal even with the phone right against the cover, took a good few tries... Scary times :')

flippyroo

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
a few of us went there in June it was still accessible i only live up the road from it i may have a look see if we can still get in

Jorwal

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
We went for the 4th time last night. Found the "welds" and as you say, they are shocking... A plan is ongoing to get inside.
It would literally take a chisel to remove, it's like they've done it with a lighter....