real time web analytics
Report - - Royal Marines Deep Shelter - Kent - July | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Royal Marines Deep Shelter - Kent - July

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Medwaydan

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Visited with another member (Silentwalker) and a non member. I have been slightly obsessed with this place ever since I saw some reports on it. The pictures looked unreal and I knew I had to see it for myself. It defiantly didn't disappoint.

The Royal Marine deep shelter was built to refuge the marines. The first 2 entrances lead to the lower level where the marines bunks/sleeping area was, to the far end of the tunnels there was another entrance with stairs up to the casualty cleaning station and offices. The stairs are completely shot and are best to be avoided. The tunnels are in a fantastic untouched state however damp is now starting to take its toll on them.

I was gutted when I read that these were no longer accessible but I needed to see it to believe it, fortunately for me this was not the case and I got to see them before they do get sealed.

Now on to the pics. It was a bit of a rush job (headtorch only) and only got a few decent ones so I'm hoping silentwalkers got some better pictures. (Couple sligtly out of focus, cue the specsaver jokes)

DSC_0396_zpsrjlwez4o.jpg

DSC_0389_zpstwepukmh.jpg

DSC_0383_zpslfgdxgvs.jpg

DSC_0402_zpskkwcpdhr.jpg

DSC_0397_zpsc5ce8ihk.jpg

DSC_0403_zpsuhookdzb.jpg

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
Good effort mate and i agree the steps are shot.this place had been locked and unlocked more times than i can count due to some facebook rivalry bullshit and many different people seem to have taken it upon themselves to lock and cut open..

Last edited:

Medwaydan

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
read that it's was locked , then another posts goes up so I thought I would just see for myself. Took some finding. Silentwalker has spent at least two working weeks online looking for clues

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
read that it's was locked , then another posts goes up so I thought I would just see for myself. Took some finding. Silentwalker has spent at least two working weeks online looking for clues

Theres a fair bit of info online mate with some plans etc..worth the effort :D