real time web analytics
Royal masonic school for boys 2012 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Royal masonic school for boys 2012

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Jane Doe

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
hope its ok for me to post an old explore .... the buildings are beautiful..... im not sure if its been converted as i havent been back ...........A bit of history about the school........From 1798 charities were set up for clothing and educating sons of needy Freemasons. They originally provided education by sending them to schools near to their homes. A specific masonic boys' school was set up at Wood Green in North London in 1857 following amalgamation of the charities in 1852.[2]
A new school was built in Bushey, Hertfordshire in 1903[3] and a Junior School was added on the other side of The Avenue in 1929. By 1939 there were 800 boys at the school.[2][4] Following a decline in pupil numbers the junior school closed in 1970, with the senior school closing in 1977. The site of the junior school is now occupied by Bushey Academy. The Royal Masonic School for Girls at Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire still operates today.

masonic church and school 057.JPG

masonic church and school 066.JPG

masonic church and school 061.JPG

masonic church and school 097.JPG

masonic church and school 027.JPG

masonic church and school 039.JPG

masonic church and school 100.JPG

GBspy007

28DL Member
28DL Member
After doing some exploring using google maps and rightmove, I have discovered that the old school building has been converted into luxury apartments. Real shame because it looked like such a beautiful place.