real time web analytics
Report - - Royal Ordnance Factory Bishopton, near Glasgow - Early 2009 | Noteworthy Reports | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Royal Ordnance Factory Bishopton, near Glasgow - Early 2009

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

MrDevla

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Amazing. Has anyone got any pictures from royal ordnance Chorley? That too was a bae site before being bulldozed and now there are a few thousand homes on there (now known as Buckshaw village)In the early 90’s my dad who worked there was offered a move to bishopton when they were closing the factory at Chorley he never moved and took redundancy. I remember he had to sign the official secrets act and there were signs about photography on site, we were never allowed to go to work with him! My dad was involved in the remediation process of removing all traces of explosive from the old site at Chorley. Would be interesting if there are any photos of the site there.
That site in Chorley was huge, my neighbour used to work there although wouldn't give much away. Linked to that site in Chorley was the weapons storage place a few miles up the road called Healey which is also shrouded in secrecy.

TVurbex

TV Locations Aficionado
28DL Full Member
Appreciate the amount of research you've put in - I know from doing the same myself (for elsewhere) that it's very time consuming and takes passion for the site to find the time and have the motivation to do it. Fantastic report :thumb
P.S. great back story too!

BygoneGirl

28DL Member
28DL Member
Amazing. Has anyone got any pictures from royal ordnance Chorley? That too was a bae site before being bulldozed and now there are a few thousand homes on there (now known as Buckshaw village)In the early 90’s my dad who worked there was offered a move to bishopton when they were closing the factory at Chorley he never moved and took redundancy. I remember he had to sign the official secrets act and there were signs about photography on site, we were never allowed to go to work with him! My dad was involved in the remediation process of removing all traces of explosive from the old site at Chorley. Would be interesting if there are any photos of the site there.
I think it was also known as ROF Euxton? My dad worked there too. I don't have any pictures I've taken myself but I have a book somewhere I'll dig out. Could message you any interesting pics I find if you like.

PEUK

@teampeuk
28DL Full Member
With the sheer scale of the housing estate on this land now you can only imagine the size of this facility.

Who has read this thread (Total: 785) View details