real time web analytics
Report - - Royal ordnance factory featherson 2011 | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Royal ordnance factory featherson 2011

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

fairyclarey

Never stop exploring :)
28DL Full Member
This was my first proper explore back in 2011 we have done a number of them here as it only down the road. My great grandma worked here during the war its well worth a look round there are many buildings on the site, we have always just called it the factory only downside is that your are very close to a prison but we have spent a lot of time of here to be honest when we first took a look at the place

history on Featherstone filling factory number 17

During world war 11 factory number 17 did its bit for war effort by providing filling shells and bombs very high explosives between 1940 an 1945. Since then it as been owned by BAE who sold some of it to HMP.

Might I add that a lot of people around by me all have there own stories an memories of there mothers, grandmas and great grandmas working here handling some of harsh explosives they reckon there is uranium present still on site

Anyway here some of my pictures must say there not the best most of them are from inside the building as it was dark

jaxv0x.jpg

30963va.jpg

ibkzg3.jpg

hu39t1.jpg

2z8rdld.jpg

2z6fqs7.jpg

umo8k.jpg

b9gbvl.jpg

w059uv.jpg

i2v7eb.jpg

70ddus.jpg

110dvut.jpg

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Not too bad, perhaps a visit in the day would be better for pictures!

Your Grandma got any old photos?

fairyclarey

Never stop exploring :)
28DL Full Member
Thank you I will try go down there in day light hours sadly I never mert my great grandma as she died for I was born an nan was little during the war :)

Who has read this thread (Total: 3) View details