real time web analytics
Report - - Rugby Mill, Chadderton - July 2011. | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Rugby Mill, Chadderton - July 2011.

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin

Rugby Mill, Chadderton - July 2011.

A.jpg

A former textile mill

Built in 1908 by F.W. Dixon & Son, a local competitor to the renowned Stott dynasty

One of a group of four still extant mills in the south west corner of Chadderton, covering 3 acres of 4 storeys complete with engine house

Spindleage (1915) 113,613 Platts, The engine was a 1200 hp cross-compound by George Saxon

The mill is still largely complete except for the chimney, but has been stripped and pikey'd over the years

I met up with Speed & Dweeb as they embarked on their Northern roadtrip

First stop was another look in at this place, with tales of previous fails we decided to nail it for ourselves..

Smile for the CCTV :rolleyes:

B.jpg

A few shots from the 4 floors

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

17.jpg

Stairwell

6.jpg

Dweeb

7.jpg

Lift Shaft

8.jpg

Water Tower/Roof Tings

9.jpg

Inside the Water Tower - The climb up was sketch with dry rot & missing steps :eek:

10a.jpg
11.jpg

Water Tank - Speed described it as "fetid", That would be the rotten pidgeons that went for a swim and didn't make it then

12.jpg

Next stop, the Engine House..

We were losing light fast now so the rest of the trip was a rushed job

The engine house was pretty decent, although not as impressive as some of the 'Stott' examples I've seen

A lack of tiles and woodwork in favour of the bog standard green paint and bands of yellow brick only here

13.jpg

15.jpg

Rope Race

14.jpg

Storage

16.jpg

Next up we went for a mooch below the Engine House, this is where the Boilers once resided

19.jpg

Not sure what This was used for, maybe someone could enlighten me?

18.jpg

Last but not least we found these stunning examples of Etched Windows, these two being the only survivors

21.jpg
20a.jpg

Soon to be July/Augusts No.1 Tourist hotspot :rolleyes:

Thanks for looking :thumb

Last edited:

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Went for a poke about here today as I noticed they had been well on with demo last few weeks :(

Surprised more people never bothered with the place whilst it was stood empty :crazy

Ended up using the iphone for pics as I only had the GoPro in the car and the battery died after 20secs of recording..

[video=youtube_share;ML7hINPd8as]http://youtu.be/ML7hINPd8as[/video]

1-31.jpg

2-21.jpg
3-20.jpg

4-10.jpg

5-12.jpg

6-13.jpg

7-6.jpg
8-10.jpg

9-8.jpg

Who has read this thread (Total: 3) View details