real time web analytics
General - - Rugeley ROC Post (20/08/2017) | ROC Posts | 28DaysLater.co.uk

General - Rugeley ROC Post (20/08/2017)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

OneWayOfLife

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I visited the Rugeley ROC post on Sunday and found it to be unlocked and open. There is no flooding or apparent damage, ladder is in good shape but watch the hatch as the clip to lock it open is bent and snapped. I recommend jamming something in the hinge just in case...

Toilet, desk, and cupboard are still there, and there are documents on the desk from 1985 (namely a visitors book, signed by BT Engineers and the like). There is also a some paper signed by other urban explorers.

To access, you have to follow the Farrow and Ball access road, the post is on the left just after the split concrete section of road (in the entrance to a farm field).

People are passing so you will probably be seen entering (as we were), but no-one stopped and questioned.

You also get a good view of the decommissioned (but not yet abandoned) Rugeley Power Station from here as it is on a hill overlooking the town.

Pictures to follow but the site is having difficulty...

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Pictures to follow but the site is having difficulty...

I'm not sure what you mean, you can add pics easy enough on here using the upload option within the thread editor

Failing that still plenty of other hosting options out there

OneWayOfLife

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I'm not sure what you mean, you can add pics easy enough on here using the upload option within the thread editor

Failing that still plenty of other hosting options out there

I tried to use the uploader and the pictures got to 100%, stayed there, and a message popped up saying "unable to upload image..."

OneWayOfLife

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Attachments

• DJI_0057.JPG
    DJI_0057.JPG
    236.4 KB · Views: 22
  • Photo 20-08-2017, 16 12 32.jpg
    Photo 20-08-2017, 16 12 32.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 18
  • Photo 20-08-2017, 16 17 43.jpg
    Photo 20-08-2017, 16 17 43.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 25
  • Photo 20-08-2017, 16 21 02.jpg
    Photo 20-08-2017, 16 21 02.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 23
  • Photo 20-08-2017, 16 21 44.jpg
    Photo 20-08-2017, 16 21 44.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 16
  • Photo 20-08-2017, 16 25 14.jpg
    Photo 20-08-2017, 16 25 14.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

Krypton

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I just use flickr to host them and then copy the BB code i find its far easier

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Maybe as an Admin/staff member, you should make sure your site works before criticising users... ;)

Pictures are attached but don't show: https://imgur.com/a/qtpQy

You taking the piss! of course it works, we've invested a lot of time and money ensuring it does, amongst everything else :banghead

Might I suggest you learn some computer literacy and maybe some manners before you post anything else ;)

OneWayOfLife

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
You taking the piss! of course it works, we've invested a lot of time and money ensuring it does, amongst everything else :banghead

Might I suggest you learn some computer literacy and maybe some manners before you post anything else ;)

I didn't mean to be rude, but you can't claim your comment to me wasn't rude! You may well have invested time and money in making sure it works but considering I got an error message every time I tried either means I'm uploading wrong (in which case your error messages need to be more verbose) or your system had a temporary issue.

And computer literacy? I'm a web developer mate...

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
I'm a web developer mate...

It works!

As for being rude, maybe, but when we get so called computer literate people like your self claiming "but the site is having difficulty" when clearly the image hosting has been in place and working without flaw for over 12 months surely suggests the problem exists between your chair and keyboard!

OneWayOfLife

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It works!

As for being rude, maybe, but when we get so called computer literate people like your self claiming "but the site is having difficulty" when clearly the image hosting has been in place and working without flaw for over 12 months surely suggests the problem exists between your chair and keyboard!
Very possibly!