real time web analytics
Report - - Rumbelow Culvert, Denby Dale - May 2018 | UK Draining Forum | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Rumbelow Culvert, Denby Dale - May 2018

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

WB

28DL Wood Burner
28DL Full Member
Those are great photos out of that tiny camera. Except for the one spoilt by my knees. Apols for my knees.

Thanks, it does the job well enough for documenting drains. Could probably do with a new battery but I'll not replace the actual camera until it takes a dunking!
Its been through many a drain with me and still works fine.

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Bollocks to stooping, good show and some interesting transitions, good to see more stone/brick, I'll ignore the dreaded concrete, but obviously required here as lining wouldn't suffice.

Nice one lads, go rest dem backs :thumb

Whatsdownthere

28DL Member
28DL Member
Good Morning folks, its been a while since I did any reports on here... life got busy, I got married and we moved house away from Sheffield... but that just means new drain exploring territory.

@tarkovsky set the ball rolling with some messages about Blackburn brook and that got me curious as to what there was around my new 'hood.

So as the story goes, me and the Mrs. were enjoying a Sunday walk through Denby Dale and I spotted an outfall and the unmistakable smell of drains.

I had to go back and check it out.

This culvert runs for approximately 300 meters beneath a factory before heading out into the woods to join the upper end of the river Dearne, as far as I'm aware this is the most upstream section of culvert on the Dearne, although there are at least another 3 or 4 sections downstream that I mean to visit at a later date.

Anyway, enough of that, on with the pictures from outfall end to when I got bored of concrete box.

Stone built floor with concrete roof and walls.

IMG_0006.JPG

This bit was really photogenic, and appears to be the original construction of the culvert with concrete slabs placed over it.
IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0003.JPG

IMG_0004.JPG

Beyond here it turned into concrete box as far as I could see and I was going solo. There were some ominous rumblings (hence the name) coming from upstream so I decided to bail.
IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0005.JPG

I'll be back to do this properly when i've recruited a drain partner. Thanks for looking!

WB.
Hey I'm from Huddersfield!
I've not done much at all & only have a crappy little camera.
But I would be delighted to join you on an explore if you'll have me?
I've got transport & several wellies & waders too.

So please give me a shout if your interested.

WB

28DL Wood Burner
28DL Full Member
Hey I'm from Huddersfield!
I've not done much at all & only have a crappy little camera.
But I would be delighted to join you on an explore if you'll have me?
I've got transport & several wellies & waders too.

So please give me a shout if your interested.

Thanks but we've already been back mob handed and done this properly, I uploaded some more pictures on this thread.
There is however another section of culvert under the cricket pitch in Denby Dale and again further down the valley.