real time web analytics
Report - - Rumbelow, Denby Dale, september,2021 | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Rumbelow, Denby Dale, september,2021

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

jezzyboo

28DL Regular User
Regular User
With the weather being kind to us drainers i wanted to get out and get something done and also get out on the bike for a spin so had a run up to Denby Dale to check out Rumbelow. Having a look on maps there seamed to be 4 sections to it starting at the lowest point downstream i had a nosy at the culvert that goes under the cricket pitch but this turned out to be a super stoopy one so diddnt even bother trying ! moving on upstream i gained access to the next section were miller hill meets sunny bank road a quick walk upstream at the bottom of peoples gardens and i reached the start point hidden behind a curtain of vegetation

corrugated concrete start , was well hidden the entrance

that soon ended and traditional stone arched roof came in to play

back out in to the open i carried walking upstream it wasnt to long before another section greeted me

breeze blocks and corrugated metal then a return to stone arched roof as before

looking back to the outflow the culvert now turned 90%

concrete roof now and quite stoopy

thankfully this diddnt go on for to long before it returned back to stone arch again

looking downstream from the end of the culvert

climbed out here on to norman road then walked around the corner to the next start point

walked underneath the beautiful stone arched viaduct to get to the start point

this last section was well hidden as the culvert sides were overgrown and i was nettled gaining access but once there it proved to be a roomy concrete affair

stone sides but still concrete roof

dust or something from an air conditioner discharging in to the culvert

this next section was a very modern affair concrete floor as well

change in styles to an older construction

looking back on were id just come from

change again in styles to brick arched roof this last section was my favourite part of the explore

back to stone arched roof again a floor slab of stone had lifted here

end in sight then looking back downstream

thats all folks nice little wander this one cheers for viewing :thumb

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Liking the change in build there. Concrete, red brick, blue bricks etc makes nice photos. Well done on the very stooped bits.

Who has read this thread (Total: 162) View details