Web
Analytics
Report - - Rusovce Mansion (SLOVAKIA 11/2017) | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Rusovce Mansion (SLOVAKIA 11/2017)



The Valkyrie

28DL Member
28DL Member
#1
Rusovce Mansion is a neoclassicalmansion located in the Rusovce borough, part of Bratislava, capital of Slovakia. The mansion was built on the site of an older manor house from the 16th century, with a medieval structure incorporated into the following buildings.

The façade got its current look by application of the Windsor style, which is imitating the English Gothic style. The manor house is surrounded by an English park. The premises cover 24 km2 on both banks of the Danube river.

In the twentieth century, mansion and premises have been owned by Hungarian Prince Elemer Lonyay, husband to Princess Stephanie of Belgium, widow of Crown Prince Rudolph of Austria-Hungary. The couple has lived in the mansion till early in 1945. Lonyay, who died in Budapest in 1946, left the estate to the Benedictine Order, who had given refuge to him and his wife during the last weeks of World War II at Pannonhalma Archabbey.

In 1947, due to the Paris Peace Treaty, Hungary had to cede the area to Czechoslovakia. The then communist government seized the premises in 1948. Currently, the building is managed by the Slovak Republic Government Office and closed to the public.

Text source: Wikipedia
Photo: The Valkyrie Urban Exploration (link in signature)

DSC_0013u.jpg


DSC_0015u.jpg


DSC_0026u.jpg


DSC_0057u.jpg


DSC_0067u.jpg


DSC_0115u.jpg


DSC_0141u.jpg


DSC_0143u.jpg


DSC_0174u.jpg


DSC_0185u.jpg
 
Last edited: