real time web analytics
Report - - Russia/Greenland dock Apartments, Surrey Quays, Feb 2015 | High Stuff | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Russia/Greenland dock Apartments, Surrey Quays, Feb 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Distra

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I promised reports were on the way so here is my first!

This was my first shot at a crane and unsurprisingly the climb didn't come easy. It would be fair to say though that this has been my playground for several weeks (along with one other site in London) and its nice to see the buildings change as construction progresses. Particularly from a crane cab :)

Anyway, History wise I couldn't find anything. It is located next to an intriguing building that I happened to be reccing (some people on here must know it) but the whole area is part of the former Docklands that has seen massive development over the past twenty years.

That brings us to the present day where a large company has decided to develop this former business parkish area into lots of overpriced, boring flats. That shouldn't detract from its location though, because my main reason for going here is the uninhibited views of Canary Wharf and the Financial district.

This report is culmination of many visits although the majority of the (better) pictures had been taken in Feb

IMG_1369_zps94hz3u66.jpg

After sneaking out of the shadows and accessing the site I hot footed it into one of the buildings and went straight to the top. With an overview of the site I could plan my explore and observe those all important cranes.
Some sneaking around scaffolding and general snooping around followed.

IMG_1257_zpsvu69x05m.jpg

IMG_1370_zpsqnrncjxh.jpg

With the building shells explored it was time to head to the crane I had my eye on. A dash across the site brought me to a set of foundations that were dark and pretty dangerous. The crane had that usual annoying protection at its base so I expected to leave frustrated. At the last minute as I was about to leave I spotted a possible route, went for it and clambered my way into the crane.

The rest is history, please enjoy the view as much as I have.

IMG_1388_zpsaboufn9v.jpg

IMG_1391_zpsbkxeauor.jpg

IMG_1378_zpsx5shjm7z.jpg

Don't look down :)

IMG_1290_zpsbetjf6up.jpg

Distra

Yorrick

A fellow of infinite jest
28DL Full Member
Good first report with some decent shots :thumb

Look forward to seeing more.

Distra

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thanks, I'm no photographer but it is nice to have some pics that remind you of what it was like. More reports to follow (esp cranes), just need work to stop getting in the way.

slayaaaa

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Sweet! New member that actually posts! Nice report to! You'll fit right in after a few more reports. There's loads in London that meet up :thumb

Nice pictues to :)

TallRich

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I like it! :thumb

Good shots, and a nice bit of story makes for a nice first post, i look forward to seeing more :D

Distra

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Cheers guys.

I have more reports to do and a stack of fresh sites to work on so stay tuned and I'll get them up when I can. Work is manic atm and isn't helping.

Miss Mayhem: Being scared of heights doesn't help but I'm getting over that, the views are so worth it.

Miss Mayhem

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Cheers guys.

I have more reports to do and a stack of fresh sites to work on so stay tuned and I'll get them up when I can. Work is manic atm and isn't helping.

Miss Mayhem: Being scared of heights doesn't help but I'm getting over that, the views are so worth it.

Yeah I'm not a fan of heights tbh, but I would like to push myself
And do something like this to prove to myself I can do it :thumb