real time web analytics
Report - - Rutland College -- Oakham -- August 2014 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Rutland College -- Oakham -- August 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

JuJu

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Visited with KM_Punk, The Wombat, Yorrick and Bluelikewoah.

A bit of shamelessly stolen history from The wombat "The Rutland college itself closed in September 2012, after relocating to a new site. It was a sixth form college mostly for A levels, for students aged 16-19."

This was my first visit here and I had indeed left it too late as the place is even more trashed. There is still no sign of demolition/redevelopment work. After taking a bit of time out from exploring it was an enjoyable day and good to get out with the camera again.

foyer_zps832cd2b5.jpg

foyer2_zps7acac547.jpg

stairs_zps0b09cef1.jpg

classroom2_zps37bc19cf.jpg

classroom1_zps38a5d66f.jpg

plug_zps758d149a.jpg

Yorrick

A fellow of infinite jest
28DL Full Member
I don't remember it being that fucked! It was a good day though.

JuJu

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Pretty trashed that JuJu, nice to see a post from you, been too long ;)

Yeah it has. Not really sure where the last year has gone. Been feeling a bit lost now Pom has disappeared and have had a few ups and downs with my mental health this year. Starting to get out and about a bit more now and have a backlog of reports to put up and pictures to edit.

Punk

Punkus Explorus
28DL Full Member
Yea, this place is fucked. Went past with the mrs a few months ago and there were kids walking out with baseball bats.

JuJu

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yea, this place is fucked. Went past with the mrs a few months ago and there were kids walking out with baseball bats.

That's a bit scary. Had some kids smashing the place up when I was solo exploring Wolsey back in 2008 a few months before it got demoed, ended up hiding behind some barrels as would have been at least 4 against 1.