real time web analytics
Rutland College, Oakham - May 2013 | Yorrick | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Rutland College, Oakham - May 2013

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Yorrick

A fellow of infinite jest
28DL Full Member
Originally called Rutland Sixth Form College, it was built on the site of the former Rutland Girls' Grammar School.

It was incorporated into Tresham College in August 2000, changing its name to Rutland College.

In 2009 Tresham Institute announced its intention to withdraw from Oakham.

As Tresham owns the site and assets, it is selling the existing buildings and land, leaving the local community to find a new site and the capital to build a new 16-19 college.

In autumn 2009 Rutland County Council announced that Casterton Business and Enterprise College (an 11-16 community college)
would take responsibility, in partnership with the County Council and Tresham, for managing the college and would provide
100 sixth form places at its Great Casterton site in addition to Oakham.

The second phase of the proposal included moving to a new site and in November 2010 it was announced that
the College would relocate to occupy the EEF Conference Centre in Barleythorpe road in September 2012.

Sainsbury’s have applied for planning permission to demolish all of the buildings and build a supermarket. Most of the locals who have responded seem in favour but the council seems reticent.

1-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

4-1.jpg

5-1.jpg

7-1.jpg

8-1.jpg

9-1.jpg

10-1.jpg

11.jpg

Library – with a very buckled floor.

12.jpg

About here my tripod became a bipod so the rest are hand-held or perched on stuff.

13.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

Male and Female changing were a mirror of each other, but obviously this is the female.

18.jpg

19.jpg

Remains of a climbing wall.

21.jpg

Finally the sports hall from the other end, camera perched on a vaulting horse. I would have moved the off-centre blue posts, but I couldn't really see them. :rolleyes:

22.jpg