real time web analytics
Report - - Rylands Mill Chimney, Wigan - 17/12/07 | High Stuff | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Rylands Mill Chimney, Wigan - 17/12/07

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

A

aisforandy

Some of the pictures are old - but included as there isn't much to show from the night - Mex has some of me climbing it but I don't know how good they are yet.

This was my first climb, and it was bloody hard work. Took a good few minutes to reach the top. As I was getting closer I could see the trap door leading to the top was slightly ajar and was a bit excited, however when I got there it was rusted tight shut!!

I fiddled with it for quite a while trying to budge it open - but when you're about 60 metres up a ladder with a sheer drop beneath you, I didn't want to slip, so regretfully I headed back down again. I used a harness, but still didn't want to take any risks - so if anyone has any suggestions for how to open this trap door or has come across this before - let me know!

chim.jpg

chim3.jpg

clo.jpg

chim2.jpg

chim-1.jpg

After we finished there, we knocked about the site for a bit and I came away with these - not too impressive, but thought I would include them:

collegeroom.jpg

truck.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

mex

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Re: Rylands Mill Chimney, Wigan - REPORT - 17/12/07 - (Gutted)

almsot embarrassed to put them up mate after seeing yours but here goes!

IMGP3553.jpg

IMGP3549.jpg

IMGP3551.jpg