real time web analytics
Report - - Rylands Mill (Wigan) | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Rylands Mill (Wigan)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Myths

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This is my first report on 28DL, so I'd like to introduce myself as a dad of one, from Manchester. I've been on a couple of trips prior to this one (Mayfield Train Station a couple of times this year, Vue cinema Pilsworth & Camelot Theme Park).

I won't bore you with the history, as other members have already provided it. I woke up this morning, 5th May 2015, wanting to go somewhere on a train to explore. I looked around 28DL and decided a trip to Rylands would be good. I got off the train at Wigan North I must of gone the completely wrong way, as stumbled across a rather large abandoned building that looked like Rylands. I noticed a load of contractors doing some work on there and thought my journey from Bury-Wigan was worthless. Deciding to walk around a little bit, mainly because I needed the toilet and also because I was so pissed off about these builders ruining my trip I needed a little smoke break, I found a little park. I walked around to find a spot to go to the toilet, and suddenly "stumbled" across the actual site I was looking for. Feeling in a much better mood I sat down to roll one, and set my camera up. I looked up and this really odd couple were walking towards me. I thought they must be having a gander at this place too, and they continued passed me into the site. I quickly finished my smoke and followed them in to see if they knew an access point, stopping for a couple of pictures first. As I walked in the direction the couple went, I "stumbled" into them having a fondle of each other, rather intimately. Hilarious. As a sole explorer today, I carried on hurridly, making sure they didn't shout a proposal at me....you never know.

Thanks for looking. More to come soon!

RylandsMill-5053322.jpg

RylandsMill-5053286.jpg

RylandsMill-5053319.jpg

RylandsMill-5053315.jpg

RylandsMill-5053314.jpg

RylandsMill-5053312.jpg

RylandsMill-5053310.jpg

RylandsMill-5053309.jpg

RylandsMill-5053305.jpg

RylandsMill-5053304.jpg

RylandsMill-5053302.jpg

RylandsMill-5053300.jpg

RylandsMill-5053298.jpg

RylandsMill-5053293.jpg

RylandsMill-5053290.jpg

Attachments

• RylandsMill-5053285.jpg
    RylandsMill-5053285.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 298
  • RylandsMill-5053292.jpg
    RylandsMill-5053292.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:

Cuuvin

28DL Colonial Member
28DL Full Member
Welcome aboard! Some nice shots there, but if that's an access hole in the blue wall (2nd photo) I'd remove it right quick. sort of frowned on here as it gets that point closed rather quickly. Secca , site owners, chavs & pikeys, just LOVE it when we do their reccys for them. just something to keep in mind. FAQs not up or you'd find that out in reading them. other than that .. good-o!

Myths

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Welcome aboard! Some nice shots there, but if that's an access hole in the blue wall (2nd photo) I'd remove it right quick. sort of frowned on here as it gets that point closed rather quickly. Secca , site owners, chavs & pikeys, just LOVE it when we do their reccys for them. just something to keep in mind. FAQs not up or you'd find that out in reading them. other than that .. good-o!

Thanks a lot for the advice. Yeah wasn't really aware of that rule mate, just removed said photo, cheers!

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Welcome to the forum,

Not a bad first report at all... If your back in Wigan I recommend having a go at Eckersley's mill, lots more to see in that one.

Myths

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Thanks a lot for the advice. Yeah wasn't really aware of that rule mate, just removed said photo, cheers!
Welcome to the forum,

Not a bad first report at all... If your local to Wigan I recommend having a go at Eckersley's mill, lots more to see in that one.

Thanks mate. I'm from the Bury area but I do travel. I'll be sure to check that one out!

D

Deleted member 85524

yeah i found out its boarded up now but there is an entrance nobody really knows about except my friends and i who regularly go

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Report still needs some History adding, as not everyone knows it, as per every report on the Forum mate :thumb

Myths

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Report still needs some History adding, as not everyone knows it, as per every report on the Forum mate :thumb

I'll be uploading a new report of another place I visited with some history. I didnt include it because it had been posted a few times recently on here. Cheers mate!

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I'll be uploading a new report of another place I visited with some history. I didnt include it because it had been posted a few times recently on here. Cheers mate!

That"s not the point mate, if someone who comes on here knows nothing about it & only sees your report? which is why the History is required........by everyone, not just you ;)

If you look on any reports you"ll see it"s the way it is. When we had the FAQ"s it was in there.

Myths

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I worded that wrong dude. I get that and I'll be uploading a report today. I just made an excuse haha, but I understand.

That"s not the point mate, if someone who comes on here knows nothing about it & only sees your report? which is why the History is required........by everyone, not just you ;)

If you look on any reports you"ll see it"s the way it is. When we had the FAQ"s it was in there.

paulpowers

Massive Member
Regular User
you missed the tunnels underneath it.

Also can you bang the date in the title as it makes it easier to see when the pics were taken as people browse the forum

Funlestet

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I came a cross this place in March and then about 2/3 weeks later I saw it had been set alight by kids burning rubbish, such a shame.

Myths

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
you missed the tunnels underneath it.

Also can you bang the date in the title as it makes it easier to see when the pics were taken as people browse the forum

What tunnels underneath pal? Wasn't aware of any to be honest and apparently it's been sealed now.

D

Deleted member 85524

What tunnels underneath pal? Wasn't aware of any to be honest and apparently it's been sealed now.
there are air raid bunkers but most entrances are sealed off