real time web analytics
Report - - Sackville Street Building, Manchester | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Sackville Street Building, Manchester

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Intervention

28DL Member
28DL Member
The Sackville Street Building is an absolutely massive, maze like building that is part of the University of Manchester. Originally it used to be the main building of UMIST and work started on it in 1895.

Since the merger between the University of and UMIST some of the rooms, and almost entire floors, have been left abandoned. I was using the library there today and decided to do an impromptu explore since I had my camera with me. I took loads of photos. most of which are on photobucket, but due to having somewhere to be I didn't do a full explore. I've looked around a few times but this was the first time with my camera. It's so easy to get lost inside so some of the places I really wanted to visit I couldn't find. anyway I hope you all enjoy the pictures! All critique from anyone, especially the old heads, is more than welcome (I'm new to photography!).

IMG_1109.jpg

IMG_1110.jpg

The writing on the blackboard says: "Jesus loves you! All he wants you to do is love him back with your whole heart & give yourself 2 him". And next to it a huge picture of an angry bird which I'm sure is relevant somehow...

IMG_1111.jpg

IMG_1113.jpg

Some "Chemistry in Britain" journals form 1994.

IMG_1117.jpg

Some machine to do with chemistry. Not entirely sure what is is which is bad as I'm a chemistry graduate! Googling it suggests it's a thermobalance - measures how the mass of something changes on heating.

IMG_1123.jpg

Underneath it also reads "so r city" . Wise words. :P

IMG_1126.jpg

Fume hood had very faded signs on it warning of the risks of potassium cyanide. Nasty stuff.

and remnants of some...

IMG_1127.jpg

IMG_1129.jpg

IMG_1150.jpg

IMG_1153.jpg

Room of doors with various signs about IT services

IMG_1158.jpg

A room to do with lasers. The door was locked but it looks abandoned. Big machine in the right. I have no idea what it's for but I want to play with it!

Last edited by a moderator: