real time web analytics
Report - - Salford Quays Lift Bridge (Lowry Footbridge) , Media-City Manchester [November 2016] | High Stuff | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Salford Quays Lift Bridge (Lowry Footbridge) , Media-City Manchester [November 2016]

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

PatientTheory

Yung explorer
28DL Full Member
Information
Not much really can be said about this place, its a futuristic looking bridge that links south-of-canal Salford towards Media-City. Unlike the Tower Bridge of London which bisects itself for boats to pass, the Salford bridge lifts its entire footpath frame vertically upwards (potentially reaching 18 metres at the peak). It was built in 2000 by Christiani & Neilsen.

The Explore
This bridge was more of a mooch from an unproductive night. We intended to hit something ambitious but the Feyenoord vs Manchester United hooligan march took @Bolts and my attention away for a solid 2 hours. After walking 4 miles with the crowd, we realised Media-City was a walk away from the Man. Utd stadium, so decided to look around there. The bridge took a lot out of me, as the next morning gave me one of the worst back pains :(

11JxSuv.jpg

The ladder way up was ridiculously tiring in the breezing cold.

glChDjO.jpg

Bite-size Sydney opera house.

EKtXgoW.jpg

Feyenoord vs Manchester United going on at the time. Surprised there was hardly any noise heard from the stadium.

Eu6Ceho.jpg

The pulley mechanism for lifting the footbridge.

Iy0wWbj.jpg

s818ASO.jpg

pvtxdZ6.jpg

:cool::cool::cool:​

Bolts

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
There's no one left in Manchester. Just you lads.
There's a couple more, but yeah you're pretty much right :( after your lot rinsed the place a few years back it went dead for a long, long time - there's still a couple things to be done though & a lot of new builds are starting to pop up