real time web analytics
Report - - Salston Manon Hotel - Ottery St Mary (Dec 2015) | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Salston Manon Hotel - Ottery St Mary (Dec 2015)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

ellemmcee

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
First report, here goes!
I was in the West Country for a few days just after Xmas so I thought I'd see if there were any sites worth a visit. Inspired by Nikonatron's report HERE, I headed to this former 28 room manor hotel. It was incredibly impressive, once upon a time - now it's a big empty shell of a building that's been stripped out of anything half decent (ceilings, furniture, wall decorations, floor in places!), with the only noteworthy thing being the majorly impressive staircase. I went with a friend who got cold feet and wouldn't join me in there so it was a bit of a rush job and I didn't get to spend as long inside as I'd have like to.

The room's are mostly all a much of a muchness, i.e. big, empty, stripped bare. There's a cellar which I didn't get to, and a swimming pool which is filled in.

The exterior
Salston%20Manor%201_zpsuxf159qr.jpg

Staircase from the top
Salston%20Manor%203_zpsismd0qmn.jpg

From the middle
Salston%20Manor%206_zpsr72fw9xi.jpg

Looking up (ceiling needs a bit of work ;) )
Salston%20Manor%207_zpsnqvfoizk.jpg

And from the bottom
Salston%20Manor_zpscfhiexhy.jpg

Interior 1
Salston%20Manor%205_zpsfotabfgh.jpg

Interior 2 (it's pretty much all like this. Shame :( )
Salston%20Manor%204_zpsz1kumiqo.jpg

Obligatory 'sun shining through the trees' shot
Salston%20Manor%209_zpskfpuzxgm.jpg

Urbexbandoned

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Quite like that, the staircase is nice with those balustrades and wood panelling. Impressive looking building too. Nice pics :)

DrGonzo

Hello Officer
28DL Full Member
Good report, I really like the shot of the stair case. Did you manage to check out the factory in the nearby village?