real time web analytics
Report - - Salston Manor Hotel, Ottery St. Mary - July 2015 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Salston Manor Hotel, Ottery St. Mary - July 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Nikonatron

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
salston%20manor%20hotel_zps3h28z3ab.jpg

swimming%20pool%20b4_zps8zdwmnjn.jpg

The Salston Manor Hotel until 2008 was a family run historic 27 en-suite room hotel, with heated swimming pool, squash courts, sauna and solarium .
It was sold on to a developer who had the idea to convert it into a residential home. Evidence of early work is still visible in a couple of rooms in the building, but planning proposals have since fallen through and has been left untouched for a few years now.
Overall the building has mostly been stripped bare, and even the roof replaced with cheap tarp. The two highlights of this place I think was the staircase, which was damn near impossible to get a good shot (possibly because I'm a crap photographer!), and the cellar which had a rather nice painting on the wall.
Must be said that there are a couple of dangerous drops down there!
On with the pics!

Exterior
entrance%20copy_zpsrxor7s69.jpg

DSCN1455%20copy_zpsgczzgob1.jpg

DSCN1444%20copy_zpstq20o6du.jpg

DSCN1334_zpsfgdm3hfc.jpg

Interior
safe%20copy_zpstaajnznd.jpg

stairs%20copy_zpsgro4hgxc.jpg

stairs%202%20copy_zpswl2bllny.jpg

DSCN1416_zpsqi4otgu1.jpg

DSCN1414_zpsttunfxfk.jpg

roof%20copy_zpsh2p77bkk.jpg

Marble%20Pillar%20copy_zpstgmtnirc.jpg

drinking%20copy_zpsgxvx4hfw.jpg

Hole%20WIP%20copy_zpsowefue7s.jpg

kitchen%20copy_zpsl1lhvdrj.jpg

caretakers%20cabin%20copy_zpsp56qaoek.jpg

DSCN1454%20copy_zpscrmxbnxf.jpg

Lancashire lad

chief taster for costa coffee
28DL Full Member
cheers for posting , looks like it was a nice place back int day ,did you stick ya head in that hole in the cellar?

Nikonatron

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Cheers guys!

cheers for posting , looks like it was a nice place back int day ,did you stick ya head in that hole in the cellar?
Yea it was just a load of rubble at the bottom of a seven foot drop. It didn't lead anywhere if that's what you mean ;)

ellemmcee

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Lovely stuff matey. I went there before Xmas and it hasn't changed much. They've got a site office (portacabin!) so give the impression they're doing work but inside it doesn't look that way. It was your report that made me investigate so cheers for that

Nikonatron

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Lovely stuff matey. I went there before Xmas and it hasn't changed much. They've got a site office (portacabin!) so give the impression they're doing work but inside it doesn't look that way. It was your report that made me investigate so cheers for that
Good to hear that it inspired a trip. The Portacabin was also there when we went, but yea I think that was from way back when they were converting it. But seems they have long since gave up.

Xplor33

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Certainly is. Have driven past now and again... Even been back in once too, couple of things have changed since this report. But would still recommend
Very late reply from me here haha, but thanks thought it would make for some lovley photos on a crisp december morning actually :)