real time web analytics
Report - - Salt Mine, Stebnyk, Ukraine Jan 2016 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Salt Mine, Stebnyk, Ukraine Jan 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Xaolas

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hello everybody! I want to show you a small report of the semi-abandoned salt mine.(And I want to apologize for my English - it's not my native language :) ).

This mine is located in Ukraine. Near the city which is called Stebnyk. It was founded in 1521. Salt mining began in the 17th century. Later, in 1773. Salt quarry moved to the Austrian Empire, which established a monopoly on the production. In 1838 conducted research of salt deposits. At this place was built the first mine shaft which was called "Kyubek". Later built another trunk "Lyarish". Later, in Soviet times three new trunk was built. And the previous two were dug on the last (fourth) and the second level respectively. The current mine bought a businessman and construction hydrochloric hospital planned.

So let's start. This vertical shaft mine. On it we went down to a depth of 120 meters
IMG_0709.jpg

At a depth of 80 meters there are salt outgrowths
IMGP0005.jpg

IMGP0003.jpg

Next comes the slope for another 40 meters down. The first mine horizon located at a depth of 160 meters. In general, there are four main horizon. Last located at a depth of 340 meters.
IMG_0711.jpg

IMG_0712.jpg

IMG_0715.jpg

IMG_0718.jpg

IMG_0723.jpg

This main mine tunnel
IMG_0721.jpg

Salt mining took place in the cells at the time of the Soviet Union. This enormous production of which is not visible in the bottom
IMG_0725.jpg

IMGP0039.jpg

Many abandoned equipment
IMG_0729.jpg

IMG_0733.jpg

IMG_0731.jpg

IMG_0735.jpg

IMGP0034.jpg

IMG_0738.jpg

IMG_0739.jpg

IMG_0741_n.jpg

IMG_0747.jpg

IMG_0746.jpg

IMG_0748.jpg

IMG_0752.jpg

The main mine shaft. Still working
IMG_0751.jpg

IMG_0749.jpg

IMG_0757.jpg

The history of this mine goes during the time when part of the Ukraine was under the Austrian Empire. First, the salt was mined by open method on the surface. Later mining moved underground. The first mine shaft was dug in 1852.

IMG_0742.jpg

It led to a depth of about 100 meters. There was carried out the first underground mining. In the days of the Soviet Union it has already dug up to 340 meters. So first we go down to the bottom of the mine. It is very dangerous and emergency - we do a couple of photos and go out.

IMG_0874_n.jpg

IMG_0875.jpg

Then we go up to the Austrian horizon. It is notable for the fact that the preserved salt production place - storage-"lakes". Here salt extracted by evaporation

IMG_0771.jpg

After that, tired and happy climbs to the surfaceÑŽ

Last edited:

ZerO81

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Can you please add the following to the report:-

1.) The location of the mine
2.) Some information about the mine (history etc).

Dragon's Lair

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
fantastic report Xaolas. Really enjoyed this one. Your English is much better than my (non-existent) Ukranian. Thanks for posting.

BrainL

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Very interesting report that mate, thanks!! English seems good to me :)