real time web analytics
Video Report - - Salt mining in west lancashire | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Video Report - Salt mining in west lancashire

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Dave Reeves

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
lots of surface evidence left of the major salt mining operation that used to supply the Fleetwood ICI complex. A detailed history can be found in the video's description
More vids to come

Dave Reeves

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Still not sure what you're driving at? Just saying something is random could mean anything..............

Lancashire lad

chief taster for costa coffee
28DL Full Member
you said in the title salt mines in west lancs but its just a pump In a field wheres the actual explore of the salt mine ????

JemCymru

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This actually made me feel rather uncomfortable.
Some people should definitely stay at home more.
Somewhat peculiar pervy creepy interest in that pump.

Pump-fetish?

Reactions: EJJ

Dave Reeves

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This actually made me feel rather uncomfortable.
Some people should definitely stay at home more.
Somewhat peculiar pervy creepy interest in that pump.

Pump-fetish?
Nice try, but you're gonna have to do a lot better than that to get to me sunshine

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice Garden Spider :thumb

Every time one of your Video get"s posted up on the Forum I automatically think why should i bother even viewing it when 99% of the previous ones have been so "Dire" :banghead But it get"s viewed (skipped through) and i feel like i"ve intentionally abused myself with a blunt object :eek:

Why do i put myself through this you may ask ? I"m hoping one day you"ll produce a barely half decent video from one of your walk-in locations that"s actually worth watching o_O Unfortunately it seems that the odds of that happening are about the same as winning the lottery :(

Forum banter aside, if you fail too take any members negative comments on board from any of your previous replies on your postings (which it appears you do not) nothings going to change (which it seems you"re happy with?) personally i just don"t understand why you"d continue in this manner as you"re obviously posting on here for some kind of recognition :confused:

Dave Reeves

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice Garden Spider :thumb

Every time one of your Video get"s posted up on the Forum I automatically think why should i bother even viewing it when 99% of the previous ones have been so "Dire" :banghead But it get"s viewed (skipped through) and i feel like i"ve intentionally abused myself with a blunt object :eek:

Why do i put myself through this you may ask ? I"m hoping one day you"ll produce a barely half decent video from one of your walk-in locations that"s actually worth watching o_O Unfortunately it seems that the odds of that happening are about the same as winning the lottery :(

Forum banter aside, if you fail too take any members negative comments on board from any of your previous replies on your postings (which it appears you do not) nothings going to change (which it seems you"re happy with?) personally i just don"t understand why you"d continue in this manner as you"re obviously posting on here for some kind of recognition :confused:
Dude, I don't do negativity, I'll leave that to tormented souls such as yourself, I'll take on board a constructive critique but I'm not holding my breath any will be forthcoming. Oh and by the way when it comes to banter you don't sound like a natural to me, May I suggest sticking to the day job?

Lancashire lad

chief taster for costa coffee
28DL Full Member
what everyone is saying is what has this got to do with exploring ? it can hardly be called an urban explore can it ? its not that interesting , it doesn't have much history in the piece itself it a friggin pump now if you had found the salt mine it connects to and explored that you might have a better reception this im afraid is boring and not worth the time you took to record it and post it make the content worth while , and more in keeping with urban exploration and see what happens that as constructive as I can be

tigger

mog
Regular User
Further to Lanky lad's comments, if you added some info to the actual post on here, maybe even a few stills, it might make people look at the videos more favourably? As it stands it's just an advert for your youtube channel.
Six minutes of a pump and small control room are not very interesting in their own right.....slightly longer video with some more of the "lots (sic) of surface evidence" to turn it into a proper report?

You have been visiting places that rarely get posted on here and good on you for documenting them.

Dave Reeves

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
what everyone is saying is what has this got to do with exploring ? it can hardly be called an urban explore can it ? its not that interesting , it doesn't have much history in the piece itself it a friggin pump now if you had found the salt mine it connects to and explored that you might have a better reception this im afraid is boring and not worth the time you took to record it and post it make the content worth while , and more in keeping with urban exploration and see what happens that as constructive as I can be
Cheers for that....

Bunk3r

28DL Memb3r
28DL Full Member
if you had found the salt mine it connects to and explored that you might have a better reception

It's like the salt mines up here in Teesside they 'mine' the salt by drilling down (like an oil well) then they pump water in and brine comes out, hence they 'mine' the salt. So nothing subsurface to explore. Though would have been handy if the op had put some history in the actual post and pointed this out. Another note, some of the ones here on Teesside are used as handy storage cavities for hydrocarbons (about 1km deep and millions of gallons). That's enough of my geeky facts for the day, I need to head out and film some pipes.

Last edited: