Web
Analytics
Lead or Rumour info - - Sanctuary bar, Walton per, Walton-on-the-naze, Essex. Derelict. | Leads, Rumours and News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Lead or Rumour info - Sanctuary bar, Walton per, Walton-on-the-naze, Essex. Derelict.

slayaaaa

28DL Regular User
Regular User
So, walking about after doing Frinton park court shopping mall (will upload report soon) I found this, didn't have time to get in to it and seeing as it was next to the pier, there were a lot of people about :/.

This is sort of an external report but more really just a heads up for someone a bit more local to get some decent pictures.

Anyway, it's not just some old bar, it's massive, it has a tower of some sort that I reckon would supply you with some amazing high up shots. It's up on the market at the moment and after a quick look all windows/doors seem to be boarded and locked. However this site is definitely doable.

Tendring council documents for the place: http://idox.tendringdc.gov.uk/onlin...o?activeTab=relatedCases&keyVal=001E0KQBLI000

Other than that, this, and the fact they used to serve real ales, is all I can find: http://pubshistory.com/EssexPubs/WaltononNaze/sanctuar.shtml

The external pics:

From south.

14912938909_a1566da62e_c.jpg

From north looking at the neon sign.

15099629905_698e91acfc_c.jpg

From north.

14913088277_e7dab9de25_c.jpg

From west, through a newish housing development.

15099296442_cc00e04e36_c.jpg

Another from North.

15099303442_42d89fd545_c.jpg

It looks big and looks good. Just hope someone can get down there and enjoy it before it's redeveloped into another 'deemed to fail' sea side pub/hotel.

Message me if you have questions, i'll try and help.

Hope this helps.

JakeUrbex

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Been in there five times in total now I live right around there you see its amazing in there I know two ways in and there simple when I get some good recording equipment I will get some shots there is also a basement type thing with tunnels !