real time web analytics
Report - - Santa Claus Land, Aviemore - January 2013 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Santa Claus Land, Aviemore - January 2013

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

albannach

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
My 2nd report so I'll put it in the new members bit still.

There isn't much left of this place, I don't even remember it being there when it was open, despite living in Inverness most of my life. Parts of the site closest to the road obviously had been used to dump rubbish, there's a big wooden fence all round now. It was a frozen day so seemed appropriate.

Brief history:
This place offered christmas 365 days of the year and you could meet santa all the time. Apparently it was quite popular in the early 1990's but then in the late 90's everyone stopped going(probably realising it was crap). It was a "theme park"(for kids) with a small dino train, duck pond, indoor carts on tracks, crazy golf, a frozen lump of ice - "the north pole". There are only two buildings left - one which contained the christmas tree is fully boarded up but the other is accesible. I didn't know what to expect so I wasn't disappointed.

Building_zps739e6c4f.jpg

The inaccessible christmas building
Shed_zpsd91d2538.jpg

The indoor carts shed
Controls_zps5a4aabd3.jpg

Obligatory controls photo
Track_zpsa5cb2e6c.jpg

The cart tracks
Explorer_zps2f61af31.jpg

Our intrepid explorer
Streetlight_zps9295697a.jpg

Narnia-esque streetlights
Wheels_zpsd6244b31.jpg

Some old wheels
Pond_zps4df83489.jpg

The duck pond, frozen over
Snowman_zps567e63ff.jpg

Frosty.

Yorrick

A fellow of infinite jest
28DL Full Member
Well seeing that the article you link was posted in 2017, the plans may not have gone ahead.
As above, if you'd researched it and, hmm, I don't know, maybe looked at current google maps, you'd know that the plans have gone ahead.

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
This is like old school flaming days which I thought we'd left in the past, not sure it's necessary despite the obv n00b failing here, we could be a bit more civil :thumb

Who has read this thread (Total: 238) View details