Web
Analytics
Report - - Santa Pod - August 2020 | Residential Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Santa Pod - August 2020

Guy Anderson

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
As it’s only up the road and I haven’t posted for ages, I thought I’d head up to Santa Pod near Wellingborough, for a solo explore, not having been out for months and not being too keen to urbex alone, I thought, well I’d always wanted to have a look around some of the old units up there, which remain from when it was an airfield used by the US Air Force during WW2, so fuck it.

Many of you will probably know that the drag strip was originally a runway, but just in case you don’t, Santa Pod is worth a little look around, as a lot of the old base still remains. It’s all on the main road leading up to the entrance of Santa Pos itself, which is obviously in regular use and has security. The end of the road or lane, leads up to the main house, where the owner still lives, but there’s not much going on usually.

As you drive into the lane, the first thing you see is a Polish camp, which is pretty fierce and uninvited guests are definitely not welcome. There are dozens of old buildings, some open and empty, and some locked with cars and other stuff inside, either side and as you get closer to the main entrance, and past it too. It’s hard to tell which is which, so be careful if you head up alone, like me.

Anyway, I hope you find it interesting. I managed to get I to the old office/shop/reception and it’s packed with dragster memorabilia.

Enjoy.

Attachments

Last edited:

Guy Anderson

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
I had a nose around here last year before they removed most of the cars, used to be loads there but it's not somewhere I felt comfortable poking around and didn't really fancy getting caught. There's also an abandoned farm with an air raid shelter on one of the roads near it as well.

Guy Anderson

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I had a nose around here last year before they removed most of the cars, used to be loads there but it's not somewhere I felt comfortable poking around and didn't really fancy getting caught. There's also an abandoned farm with an air raid shelter on one of the roads near it as well.
I didn’t know about the farm and air raid shelter? I know the old scrap yard nearby and an old farm with windows boarded-up, but the old couple live on-site in a mobile home. yes, I thought I was going g to get a kicking a couple of times, but fortunately/unfortunately most people are put off by my appearance lol.

mockney reject

Staff member
I’ve spent loads of time wandering around there when i use to help organise events at the Pod

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
I didn’t know about the farm and air raid shelter? I know the old scrap yard nearby and an old farm with windows boarded-up, but the old couple live on-site in a mobile home. yes, I thought I was going g to get a kicking a couple of times, but fortunately/unfortunately most people are put off by my appearance lol.
It could well have been demolished by now, it was the latter half of 2018 I stumbled across it I think. It was on Airfield Road just north of where the yard you explored is, no house there just a bunch of agricultural or light industrial buildings.

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Some photos from last year prior to a lot of it being cleared.

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I think I was there for maybe ten minutes max before backing out as we were getting very close to where we could hear people working, and the whole place really didn't give off a friendly vibe at all!
yeah Iv wandered round bits of this on many occasions but never had a good comprehensive explore there

Down and beyond

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I think I was there for maybe ten minutes max before backing out as we were getting very close to where we could hear people working, and the whole place really didn't give off a friendly vibe at all!
Yes mate be very carful their if you want to no more pm me I won’t write it on here , you the write analysis :thumb