real time web analytics
General - - SATNAVs?? | Kit / Clothing / Equipment | 28DaysLater.co.uk

General - SATNAVs??

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

merryprankster

Conrod the Barbarian
Regular User
afternoon, just after some thoughts/recommendations on moderately priced satnavs, heading across the channel so need something for getting about in europe, always used my iberry to navigate around uk so know absolutely bugger all about satnavs, any and all info/reccomendations welcome, ta ta ta

norfolkexplorer

Quite often seen exploring further than Norfolk
28DL Full Member
If you shop at tesco and have clubcard points you can double them up at the mo, so will be able to get a decent tomtom for about £40 or free if you have enough vouchers

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The TomTom widescreen Euro ones on offer at Halfords ATM (Or was last week) for £80 with free map upgrades for life.

As with your boots mate size matters, don"t bother with the small ones

Only issue i have with TT"s is it wipes everything off when i update & it takes days to sort out (familiar issue going off TT helpline :(

The Lone Ranger

Safety is paramount!
Staff member
I've used a trusty AA Europe road map for about 30 years driving in Europe, never failed me yet, should pick a new one up for £10 :D

Never runs out of charge, gets nicked, talks to you in an annoying voice and good for swatting wasps. What more could you ask for :thumb

merryprankster

Conrod the Barbarian
Regular User
I've used a trusty AA Europe road map for about 30 years driving in Europe, never failed me yet, should pick a new one up for £10 :D

Never runs out of charge, gets nicked, talks to you in an annoying voice and good for swatting wasps. What more could you ask for :thumb

I dont trust my co-pilots navigational skills! she can barely follow google maps on a phone when its got a blue line to follow and an arrow showing which way your facing!!

merryprankster

Conrod the Barbarian
Regular User
The TomTom widescreen Euro ones on offer at Halfords ATM (Or was last week) for £80 with free map upgrades for life.

As with your boots mate size matters, don"t bother with the small ones

Only issue i have with TT"s is it wipes everything off when i update & it takes days to sort out (familiar issue going off TT helpline :(

cheers acid i shall take a look up there tomorrow, what information does it store on the satnav for you to lose when you update it??

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Actually the one ad" on Halfords was down from £90 to £69 but the bigger version is the better one, Argos usually have on offer as well. the Map updates save you mega £"S

I"ve updated 4 times now and it"s wiped the complete Maps memory off the device every time (no SD card, inbuilt storage) I thought it was just me until i went to TT helpline and you discover it"s commonplace.:banghead Software issue or something, i never had any issue with my old one.

Trouble is it"s saying new map available every month & i think you get 4 free updates a year or something ? It might just be a new road in france added ? that you might not need you have no way of knowing whether you need it or not.

TT says my maps 8 months out of date, i"ve updated 4 times already and i only got it at Xmas WTF?????

Also when it needs updating it fucks you up at major motorway junctions by going a bit wonky meaning you may end up missing turn offs & adding 30 miles to a trip.......i kid you not. When updated it"s fine. Sure it"s programmed in the software .......the Bastards :mad:

I"d update it but gonna need it tomorrow so can"t take the risk lol

Also if you go on the TT Website you can download the Urbex Tourist Maps :thumb

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
Google on my phone is a zillion times better than tom tom was. Dead technology now!

Who has read this thread (Total: 0) View details