real time web analytics
Report - - Saundersfoot Tunnel | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Saundersfoot Tunnel

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Landsker

The Rock Man
28DL Full Member
I posted this earlier on in the year but messed it up a bit :banghead so here is the proper report this time!

There are a few old railway tunnels in the area used by the trains going back and forth from the various mines in the area. The best known tunnels are part of a path which follows the old railway. There is however a lesser know one which Ill show you all below!

3220076059_b48f776300.jpg

this is the entrance from the Saundersfoot side

3220929334_4d417f01ac.jpg

looking down the tunnel once inside the entrance, the whole length is approximatley half a mile

3220085745_1052ea4963.jpg

Half way up the tunnel is a smaller one leading off. not usre what its for but it only goes in 20 metres or so

3220948356_6848e619a3.jpg

you can see where the sleepers were, all the way through the tunnel is a thick covering of oxide mud

3220939418_97eb560ddb.jpg

and the exit at the other end. this end the council used to tip rubbish. the mud is deep (nearly lost my boots) and full of glass and bits of metal.

3220090765_27afd29e51.jpg

Shoe

Heard recently that this will soon be caged off to prevent access.

B

batfink

Ahh at last....a report. I did a sneaky 'day out' at nearby Stepaside and sort of roped my girlfriend at the time to cycle through the public tunnels down by the sea. After having a search for this i had to give up as my chances of going through this bigger one,with unsuspecting partner in tow,were slim to say the least. Funnily enough i had no map but recall getting pretty close to this area next to the station,before turning back !

Landsker

The Rock Man
28DL Full Member
I have been told this has now been grated up due to bats nesting in there, will have to check tho!