real time web analytics
Lead or Rumour info - - Sawyers Lake, Northfleet | Leads, Rumours and News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Lead or Rumour info - Sawyers Lake, Northfleet

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

ultimateninjaworrier

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
So scrolling through google maps today, this structure caught my eye:
[MAP]51.438539, 0.335624[/MAP]

Now I'm not too au fait with north Kent, but one assumes this was some sort of quarry structure. Sifting machine house maybe? Anywho, its at the bottom of a steep precipice and looks like the only access is a defunct track leading from the A226. Research informs me that the lake was used for fishing ( there's a rough car park and fishing swims along the track) which has very recently been stopped due to pending development, with a hench looking arts centre proposed for this very spot.

Before I recon-nuisance it myself, does anyone local know what this actually is?

Exploring With Pride 🌈

Exploring with pride in more ways than one
28DL Full Member
So scrolling through google maps today, this structure caught my eye:
[MAP]51.438539, 0.335624[/MAP]

Now I'm not too au fait with north Kent, but one assumes this was some sort of quarry structure. Sifting machine house maybe? Anywho, its at the bottom of a steep precipice and looks like the only access is a defunct track leading from the A226. Research informs me that the lake was used for fishing ( there's a rough car park and fishing swims along the track) which has very recently been stopped due to pending development, with a hench looking arts centre proposed for this very spot.

Before I recon-nuisance it myself, does anyone local know what this actually is?
Ive wondered that myself im sure i herd a rumor year's ago about a sunken train/waggons in the lake but never found anything to back it up

Explore With Alex

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Has anyone found out if this is abandoned as I live nearby also if it is could be quite risky as sewage is pumped into the lake and occasionally A car with A security guy goes down there so would have to be cautious

Exploring With Pride 🌈

Exploring with pride in more ways than one
28DL Full Member
Has anyone found out if this is abandoned as I live nearby also if it is could be quite risky as sewage is pumped into the lake and occasionally A car with A security guy goes down there so would have to be cautious
I took a drone over it looked in decent condition so not sure its abandoned

boo_123

28DL Member
28DL Member
ive been there alot and its a abandoned pump station and they empty it out once a week (ive spoken to secruity dont know if he was scaring me off) but as a teenager ive stupidly jumped in a couple times(no sickness or any pain coming out) and ive dived under once i have had a look i saw no waggons or anything just a underhalf of a house basically that has been gutted out with just foundations remaining and a door or two they have fenced it off for normal people but me and my freinds(we do urbex aswell) have undone a single bolt on a fence so now you can undo by hand and just walk right in occasianolly they lock the gate leading to it but it "magically"dissapears