real time web analytics
28DL and UE in the News - "Scaling new heights for a cheap thrill" Scotsman 16:11:09 | 28DL and Urban Exploring in the News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk

28DL and UE in the News "Scaling new heights for a cheap thrill" Scotsman 16:11:09

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Styru

Admin
28DL Full Member
Scaling new heights for a cheap thrill

The Scotsman online (and presumably in print too) 16:11:09

You all know the script by now . . . . . .

"A CRAZE for "urban exploration" ..... risking their lives .... breaking the law .... derelict buildings .... climbing the Forth Bridge .... 28 Days Later .... Siologen.... break into .... screwdriver .... etc."

Clicky here please

Last edited:

Speed

Got Epic?
Regular User
haha this is classic

One report of breaking into the Lauriston United Presbyterian Church advises bringing a mask, due to the "dead pigeons and other unsavoury things".

They do not only break into derelict buildings. One user described entering the basement of the Edinburgh International Conference Centre, and managing to gain access to a disused railway tunnel beneath the site.

also crystal maze gets a mention :D

zimbob

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
:(

A shame this, the 'Scotsman' is usually pretty balanced in it's reporting, rather than this kind of 'article by numbers' nonsense.

LittleMike

Do. Find. Drains.
28DL Full Member
Cheap thrill? Bah! I daren't count the amount of money I've spent on gear and transport :(

DubbedNavigator

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Gahhh! i fucking hate the press. if they took 5 fucking minutes to look at some reports on here they would realise that there are little to no explorers on this site that will physically break into a site.

T

Tundra

Cheap thrill? Bah! I daren't count the amount of money I've spent on gear and transport :(

lol yeah the year before I went overseas I clocked up nearly 12,000 miles purely on roadtrips round the country.

BenCooper

Mr Boombastic
28DL Full Member
It's usual lazy journos. The editor will have head about urbex from his teenage kids or at a dinner party, and he'll have got a junior reporter to knock up a quick story with some rent-a-cop quotes.

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Cheap ??? The wife says it costs her loads to keep me exploring. Don't know what her problem is :crazy

Thought this would crop up sometime, saw it as a linkback earlier on.

dsankt

si ce que tu dis est vrai
28DL Full Member
How did siologen manage to take the cred for the big time forth bust up. I call shenanigans, I'm guessing he gave her the tip.

Weak!

Last edited:

dsankt

si ce que tu dis est vrai
28DL Full Member
Absurd. they make us sound like fucking bandits

What's wrong with that? Banditry is a noble profession, right up there with being a highwayman or vagabond.

Any of those sound way better than Urban Explorer. What kinda nerd shit is that. $10,000 of cameras, photomatix, flickr pro and 500 forums. YEEEEEEEEEAH BOI...

:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.