Web
Analytics
Report - - Schoenfels Castle (luxembourg) | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

    Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

    Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

    Create an account | Login | Request new password

Report - Schoenfels Castle (luxembourg)

Jascha_EOS

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
#1
April 2011 Jos and I have visit this castle.

The castle had been renovated.
But the other building not yet

Here some info:
The castle appears to have been built by Friedrich of Schonevels in 1292. Through marriage, it subsequently belonged to the families of Ansembourg and Sanem. In the 16th century, Henri Schloeder of Lachen became the owner and the Lord of Schoenfels and Busbach. His arms are to found on the keep. In 1683, the French destroyed the castle's defences and in 1690 the castle and the village were burnt down after a dispute between Theodor von Neunheuser and the Lord of Brandenbourg. In 1759, Pierre-François de Gaillot de Genouillac became Lord of Schoenfels after marrying Marie-Catherine de Neunheuser. In 1813, his son, François-Romain de Gaillot, sold the castle to Jean-Baptiste Thorn-Suttor, governor of the Province of Luxembourg during the Belgian period (1831-1839). The Belgian senator Jacques Engler bought the castle in 1840 and left it to his son-in-law Baron Auguste Goethals who built a residence beside the keep. In 1948, the Luxembourgish industrialist Camillle Weiss bought the property but sold it in 1971 to the Luxembourg State. The new residence was demolished in 1976.

1
5661597452_f292ab2f1f_z.jpg


2
5661597648_bbe55938fd_z.jpg


3
5661029763_989cc1fa93_z.jpg


4
5661030013_fc74ccef8e_z.jpg


5
5661030201_f9e556b73f_z.jpg


6
5661598430_939be45976_z.jpg


7
5661598668_4e337831ab_z.jpg


8
5661030829_0fec834a81_z.jpg



Click the link for more pics: http://www.lost-in-time-ue.nl/index...le-LUX-April-2011&m6e73ereturnid=56&pagina=56
 

Attachments